I have been blessed with so many amazing and wonderful friends. I feel gratitude for the bounty the Lord has provided in the friend department.
Today is my amazing friend D.L.'s birthday.
She has been through so much with me. She loves me inspite of my craziness and my crazed and hair brain ideas. She supports me, lifts me, helps me, loves me, strengthens me, teaches me, sustains me, feeds me (literally and emotionally). She makes the killer, best in the world (though I will take applicants...but I am pretty sure you can't beat her...) Chocolate Chip Cookies. She is FUN! Really she reminded me about having fun. I grew up with really fun sisters (I have always been a little uptight) but my sisters live so far away. She has been that sister for me. Now she lives far away too and that makes me sad (do I smell? People keep moving far away...even my youngest brother moved this year). Anyway, she has been that sister for me, not just a sister, a sister in Christ...the one that builds and lifts me. The one that keeps me on the right path. The one that helps me stick to my dreams even when I don't think I can accomplish them.
I thank her mother for the gift she gave the world when she brought D.L. into it! She has helped, served, sacrificed, given so much for so many. Often she goes unappreciated, and this always makes me feel sad. But I appreciate and love her very much. My husband has never had an easy time with my family...don't get me wrong...he loves them all. But my family didn't all come together the traditional way. And so it has taken some years for him to get used to them. But D.L. has been 'family' for me in every sense of the word. She has watched my children when I needed to run errands, or have a baby. She has painted my big pregnant belly and assured me it isn't the biggest belly she's ever seen in her life (though I know it was ;) She has taken my children in her arms and hugged, loved and kissed them as if they are her own. I love her. She took awhile to get used to MUSHY, GUSHY, LOVEY me ;) But I think I have rubbed off on her a little. I know she has rubbed off on me. I trust more. I am more patient. I am more fun. I am more free spirited. I take better pictures. I LIVE more!
I love you D.L. I love you, just the way you are! I love what you have helped me to become! You are among the truest and best of friends that I have had in my life. For you I am grateful every day!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ethel!!! You're the Best!!! Love, Lucy ;)
I hope it was a great one!
(Sorry I couldn't call...I was watching 11 kids...something I never could have done before I knew you! ;)
Life is precious and short! Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!~
5 comments:
Quit! You're making my cry and you know how much I HATE crying, Sheesh. This is the BESTEST birthday wish EVER!!! Now, come visit me...Run away and I will hide you here. And NO you don't stink...but I do! Tee Hee Love, Ethel
P.S. Welcome back ;)
Sweet Post! We are all blessed to have D.L. in our lives. :)
Quit it you two. It is I that am blessed to have both of you in my life. You both make me a better person. MUAW :o
Quit telling me to quit silly...I only get to celebrate your birthday one day a year...and I didn't even get to see you in person. What do you expect?!
Such a beautiful post for a beautiful person!
Post a Comment