Ok...this year has been a discovery in importance of the IMPORTANT things. A good meal with my family around the table...yum. Prayers offered and answered (sometimes the way I want, sometimes not what I hoped for, but answered none the less), and LOVE...God's greatest gift...Love from Him, Love when HE sent His son, love from my darling husband, love from my beautiful children, love from my family and wonderful friends. So tonight I share my post about my movie experience EAT, PRAY, LOVE....hmmm...I think I might have to rent it and see it again soon.
#219 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life... LOVE, PRAYER...and Yummmy foods. God is good!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
A sweet friend of mine recommended this movie to me this week. I want to start by thanking her.
I sit here with a Del Taco bag filled with 3 of their $.39 Tacos and a strawberry lemonade. I wonder if Julia Roberts would be disappointed with my lack of food taste...
I am not a frequent movie goer. Why? Hmmmm! I am not really sure. I LOVE the movies. I love the scene in Annie where Daddy Warbucks (sp?) takes her to the movies and the entertainment intro sings "Let's go to the movies, let's go see the stars. Fred and Ginger Dancing madly....Only happy endings, that's our recipe." The thought of it makes me want to burst into song. Maybe I don't frequent the theater anymore because I married a movie hater. And it isn't fun most of the time to go without my sweetheart. Well, after tonight I AM OVER THAT!
Eat, Pray, LOVE! It was a beautiful, powerful, and touching movie. And yet, I also found myself laughing, enjoying and getting lost in it like you do in those fun feel good movies. GO SEE IT! Don't expect the normal...fall in love, problems, work it out, happy ending...Not this movie. But it also isn't the "Break-up" ridiculously unhappy ending either. I loathe that movie. I will warn you there is a bare butt...drum player on the beach, close your eyes if this offends you. Other than that, what a beautiful story of a woman who finds faith, and love for God and herself.
After the movie's recommendation my sister came to visit me today (My husband's sister...but as you may have read...if you read...in the post about my daughter yesterday...your husband's sisters are your sisters. And I am married to my husband FOREVER...so this "in law" stuff...I just leave it off.) If you know me and know my sisters live out of state, I just don't want to confuse you. I have almost a dozen sisters ;) Anyway My Darling sister "R" came for a visit. At the end of our lovely chat (she has teenagers and assures me when mine are that age she will help me because hers are giving us ample experience)...I said lets go to the movies. She said that would be fun. I said are you free tonight... VIOLA!!! I had a movie date! How very great is that! LOVE IT! We are going to go more often, because believe it or not, her husband doesn't love chick flicks either...I KNOW GASP! :)
Well, today was a beautiful day. Laundry, children, bums to wipe, diapers to change, children to feed, homeschool, children to feed, laundry...AND THE MOVIES!
Make it a good day. Only YOU can! (I did ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment