Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ten Favorites from my first 100 posts... #1FIREFIGHTER

I wanted a little break this week. My children just finished up their school year. They are enrolled in an awesome summer school program. But there is a four week break in between. I am not taking off four weeks. But I thought I would take some time away from this and PLAY PLAY PLAY with them. We totally earned it. I can't wait for playdates with our besties, and cousins! Summer, here we come. So I will be RE-Posting 10 of my favorite posts from my first 100 posts. Hope you Re-Enjoy them if you read them already, or if you haven't, hope you enjoy them for the first time around...And Don't forget to make it a great day! *Side Note* Happy Birthday TODAY to my #4...he isn't 3 anymore and he hardly ever makes messes like the ones in this post. But that is ok...#5 quickly took his place...they call that JOB SECURITY...you will see why.
PS. #222 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Firemen! Sometime I will share the story of how they saved my husband's life, even though he gives them a hard time.

I am always saying...It doesn't matter what you did last year, last month, last week...even yesterday. If you make up your mind to be different, to change, to embrace good and move forward... It only matters the direction you are headed. That does not mean you will get there tomorrow. But if you are headed in the right direction you WILL GET THERE! Some will get there much faster. But I do not believe God stands and judges with a stop watch. So with that said I am trying to head in the right direction. Occasionally it is one step forward two steps back. But usually it is two steps forward one step back.

I am a wife.
I am a mother.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.
I am an aunt.
I am a friend.

My life is not red carpet glamorous...It is more like trying to get red Kool-aide out of the carpet. This morning I came to a realization. I am a firefighter. I put out little fires all day long. I am at home. I have five children. I homeschool...some of you gasp. Some of you whisper...That is ok...there is nothing you can say that I haven't said in my own head. This blog is for me. Maybe I will only do it today (remember I have constant fires to put out...), maybe it will help me grow and become a habit. But for today...it will keep me sane. And one more day of sanity is priceless.

So back to that Firefighter job of mine.
Today was an ordinary day...(it is 11:26am)
I have cleaned up a milkshake (oreo cookie of course) from all over the floor that my #4 darling a 3 year old spilled when trying to take it to the sink. Did I say thank you? No...I am human, I yelled. Working on that one. Then I went into Firefighter action and put out the fire. After the mess was cleaned up I went to the sink (I can't remember why now), but it didn't take long...I stepped in the water bowl #2 darling left out for the dog (not where it goes of course) and yep...I cleaned up and put out another fire. I turned to see that #1 darling who was making their own eggs got egg everywhere...thankfully they saw my exasperation and put out their own fire! Then there was the go-gurt accident that #4 darling had when he tipped the bottle a little two far...and spilled on both his shirt and the floor. Two more fires...put out! This is when I thought "I am just a firefighter...putting out fires all day." No wonder my husband comes home and says honey "what???" did you do today. And he thinks firefighters make cabinets and eat all day...he has NO IDEA!!! I sat at the computer and thought "I am a firefighter" I better write this down, it is better than spanking children and will help me calm down! This is when #4 darling...do you see a pattern with #4? ... spilled the entire container of mini (reward for pee pee) m&m's on the kitchen floor. So the kitchen floor got a third scrub... Did I mention it isn't even lunch time yet?

I think I need to have a Firefighter Mama's fundraiser so that I can go to the spa...But you know that will never happen. The alarm will go off, another fire will erupt and you know us firefighters, 24 hour on call...Duty calls, it's a thankless job...but I hear the retirement is really good. And I wouldn't trade the little ones for a pencil pushing job any day of the week.

No comments: