Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#5 post: What REACHES You???

This is my #5 post in a series of 10 RE-posts from my first 100 posts. I am starting off my summer with a BANG, and playing with the children, laughing, watching movies, and having all around general fun. So I don't have time for NEW posts this week. If you missed this one...I LOVE YOU, and Hope you enjoy this.
#218 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...LOVE!
Make it a great day...ONLY YOU CAN!!!

What reaches you?
The human is such an interesting creature...

Unlike the rest of the animal kingdom, our array of emotions is so wide spread. We feel love, hate, sorrow, gratitude, exhaustion, exilaration, happiness, sadness...and so on. Sometimes we clog up, close off and don't allow ourselves to feel anything. Other times we feel so much that we can't control it...it just bubbles over and out of us...anger, laughter, tears...both the sad and the joyful kind.

When I think of my mother I often experience this bubbling over of emotions. The tears still flow and this January she will have been gone from this earth 3 years. But usually I am not crying because I am depressed, or falling apart. Usually the tears follow something wonderful, like my daughter's baptism, a son's birthday party or some memorable event that she would have been to, were she physically present. I miss her. I miss her tender hugs and just cuddling up to her...which YES I still did at 35. Sometimes when Darling husband worked late and she stayed over we would lay in bed and hold hands and talk. I love those times, and when I think of them now a tear forms. It forms because of the gratitude that wells up in me that I had those opportunities, and it forms because I know it will be a long time before she and I are together again, at least I HOPE that my time on this earth is much longer to raise my own children.

Thinking and feeling, acting and reacting can separate us from the rest of the animal kingdom. And then there are the times we lose control and act like nothing more than animals. We degrade and tear down and we might as well be beasts, fighting in the jungle in the survival of the fittest. As I look at my life, the older I get, the more determined I am that I want to do better, be better. And though I am a "back slider" at times, I am trying. Even if it is two steps forward, one step back, at least I am making some ground.

Today I had the bubbling over emotion. We were sitting in Sunday School and discussing Isaiah. For those familiar with the Old Testament, he is no easy read. But I love Isaiah. I love the metaphors and descriptions that he uses. I love his passion for testifying of Christ. As we spoke of this my eyes welled up with tears. Do I have that kind of passion for my testimony? Am I willing to shout it from the house tops and not worry whom I offend? Well, I don't want to offend anyone, but I do hope my friends and loved ones know, I am firm in my faith that God our Heavenly Father, and his Beloved Son Jesus Christ love us...ALL OF US...Yes, that is right, the Muslim and the Christian, Black and White, Bond and Free...ALL ALIKE UNTO GOD. I love that. I am not perfect, but I do love freely and without reservation. I hope my friends will always feel that love, and not just the friends that share my faith, but all my friends. I love that bubbling over emotion, which I believe often is a fruit of the Spirit (Holy Ghost) that reminds us, we are human, this experience is real, and we are God's children and he is very close. I am so grateful for those deep feelings, even the ones that make me cry...because they remind me who I am, where I came from and where I hope to go after this life.

For those reading this that know me...KNOW THIS...you are loved so much! On my love you can rely!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are amazing and wonderful. I love you! And I WILL SEE YOU SOOOOOON!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!