Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Life...precious life!

December 4, 2010

This weekend commemorated a year without the life of my husband's dear uncle. We were able to be with much of the family during a tender wedding which was a day apart from his death. His sweet and beautiful daughter was married. He was tragically killed by a driver who did not see him in a cross walk. As I hugged family and shed tears both of loss and of joy for our cousin, I could not help but reflect on how precious life is. We get but a few short moments on this earth. We have a life that lasts sometimes hours or minutes or sometimes spans a century. Yet the life of the one is as valuable as the life of the other. Why? Because...can't you feel it? This life...our mortal earth life is not the end any more than it was the beginning. We came from a loving God, we will return to Him. Our tragedies are not a sign that he does not know, hear or love us. But in the midst of them, if we turn to Him we can surely see that through them, because in an earthly and imperfect world there will be tragedy...but we can see that the sorrow can bring us closer to the master of our souls. And with that, closer to each other. He never leaves us without love. Some might lose the love they want most, but He fills those holes. Our sweet aunt has a broken heart. But a loving family that surround her make the grief bearable. I believe that blessing comes straight from the heavens, straight from God. Many a time I have felt the healing influence and strength of my mother's support from the "other side" as some call it. Stop, reflect, listen with your heart. This life is not the beginning or the end. Of this I am quite positive. I am grateful that you are on the journey with me.

Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!

No comments: