Thursday, December 16, 2010

Walk Tall

Dec. 15, 2010

Well...this month has been somewhat bloggless...or at least me trying every day to play catch up...I just need to get over my OCD and let it go. December is hard. Sometimes it down right sucks. Dec. 7th three years ago someone started ripping my heart out of my chest when I learned that a mass was growning in my mother's colon. As the days ticked on to Christmas we learned she would not recover and that Christmas was really more of a hellish nightmare. So putting on the happy face and getting through the day is all I could do the last couple of days! Sorry if you read and have missed the cheerful me LOL...

So today I wanted to share the words to a lovely girls camp, church song we sang when I was a kid. I loved to sing it to my mom. She and my dad would come up to camp every year and bring things for the girls...they were the best!

Walk tall you're a daughter of God

Right now I have a prayer deep within my heart
A prayer for each of you there is a special part
That you remember who you are and He who lives above
Please seek for Him and live His way you'll feel His love

Chorus
Walk tall you're a daughter, a child of God
Be strong, please remember who you are
Try to understand, you're part of His great plan
He's closer than you know, reach up He'll take your hand

Long before the time you can remember
Our Father held you in His arms so tender
Those loving arms released you as He send you here to earth
He said my child I love you don't forget your great worth

Chorus
Walk tall you're a daughter, a child of God
Be strong, please remember who you are
Try to understand, you're part of His great plan
He's closer than you know, reach up He'll take your hand

This life on earth we knew would not be easy
At times we lose our way His path we may not see
But please remember always please that you are not alone
He'll take your hand He loves you, He will guide you home

Chorus
Walk tall you're a daughter, a child of God
Be strong, please remember who you are
Try to understand, you're part of His great plan
He's closer than you know, reach up He'll take your hand

Thank you all for the blessings of your presence in my life...they are my greatest presents!
Walk Tall!!!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

SpencernAmy said...

I love that song! So sorry for your heartache. Wish I could be there right now. . . . 2 days!