Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I'm Back

Can you believe it is 2011? I sit back and wonder where the year went. Well six months of it my family spent under construction with a major 761 sq ft remodel. I almost did in my hubby and vice versa...only the best of marriages survive remodels...thank heaven ours fell in that category. Thank heaven too, for wonderful babysitters and date nights, or we may have had a train wreck over here.

My family has been sick for almost 2 weeks. Yep...that is right...almost the ENTIRE Christmas break. Seems unfair doesn't it? I would agree, but really who said life is "fair". It could have been worse. At least it was raining and my kids couldn't do much outside anyway. I was the last inflicted with "influenza" and WOW! it nearly did me in. Never been down quite like that before. Never taken that many pain pills except with birth. Feeling better now though and grateful that it has past. Lining up for the first flu shots next year, wasn't a believer, but rethinking that whole thing today!

I have reflected a lot with the coming new year. My mom used to say that everything is just a "wish" unless you write it down. She believed that writing something down made it more concrete. It set the thing before you, to look at, observe, reflect and ponder on. It made the idea real and even tangible if you could figure out how to break it down and accomplish it. She said "Goals are written down, anything else is just a wish". I have thought what do I want my "goals" to be. I don't DO the whole new year's resolution thing... Really do you know anyone that sticks with a "resolution" more than a day or two? For whatever reason they don't seem to stick. That is why mom always taught us to set goals. She'd say, set them high...if you reach for the stars you may not get them but you won't ever end up with a hand full of mud either.

So my goal is lofty this year. I want to make a difference. HOW? I am not sure yet. I have a few little plans and as they, if they pan out...I will update you. But for now one starts here...
I have a goal to build, strengthen and encourage you. If I have done this, I encourage you to think who else could be encouraged? And pass it on....Pay it forward so to speak. My stories, or my blog...or both. Be a builder. So much of the world tears us down. Women and men are told every day that they aren't GOOD ENOUGH, SKINNY ENOUGH, STRONG ENOUGH, SMART ENOUGH... BUT YOU ARE!!!! Y O U A R E ! ! !
We can change this. I recently read a blog from a dad called single dad laughing. I loved his honesty. He had an epiphany at some point and it changed him. Now he works to touched the lives of others and I LOVE IT! He made me cry...the good cry, the "that touched me so deeply" cry. You know the kind. We can do it...we can make a difference. This year my goal is to do so. I will be on the computer less and reading to my children more. I started up again with reading a lot to them during our weeks of sickness and was reminded of how I LOVE THAT! I challenge each of you to make a difference.

I would also like to share with you every day (as best as I can keep up...but it is my goal) how I have seen the hand of God in my life. Maybe my experiences will touch you, help you, strengthen you. If you have lost a person, or many like my husband and I have, then hearing about God's hand can hurt at times, because as humans we question why an all knowing and powerful God can't just fix whatever went wrong to take a loved one. But I also believe in choice and circumstance...and we are not God's little pawns...He loves us. He is watching us, but not "messing" with us. When we get to the other side we will see that whether we lived a minute (like my Aunt Dora) or a Century...we are all loved and significant in His sight.

So counting backward...
#365 reason I see the hand of Father in my life. My children are God sent. Each with a little cherubic face. Not always angelic mind you, but precious...unargueably. I look at my darling daughter and see the face of ages...of her father, of her grandfather, and a mix of me as well. Sons #1, #3, and #4 look up through angel eyes with similar faces and features. Then there is my #2 boy...he is my mother's through and through. He has her very face. She adored them all, but he had this special corner of her heart. He is a trial at times, but when I look at that angel face and think of my angel mother much of my frustration melts...They are God's handiwork. Each with a temperment, spirit and personality that came with them. There is no accident there. No parent can truly denign God, they can try, but His image is in the faces of their angel babies.

Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!!!

No comments: