Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oh Crap!!!

October 09, 2010 (Middle of the night/morning ;)

Can someone remind me why I got a dog? Because at 5 am when I woke up to make the baby a bottle and stepped in one of FOUR piles left in the night on the 15 square feet of carpet in the main part of the house (OF COURSE the tile or laminate floor weren't pooping options...) I am wondering, pondering WHY DID I GET A DOG?

Since her inception into our family this "Rescue" dog has been more expensive than a full bred by far. Don't get me wrong, I love her. But at 5:36 am after cleaning up all the poop and let me tell you with OCD that is a chore (not your usual scoop and scrub a little)...I am just a little more than a little miffed.

The vet says he thinks her hives (battling them for months) are not from the grass after all but from the kennel...which she hasn't had to sleep in since he said that. But guess what? HIVES...WELCOME HOME! ERG!!!! I want to scream, but I can't even do that since the house all slept through, both the crying baby, and the poopy dog mess being cleaned with my little green machine...ODDS are in my favorite that any noise would tip the quiet balance in my home...so here I VENT! It reminds me of the lyrics to the country song...WHAT WAS I THINKING? I am sure a couple more hours of sleep and the carpet drying and vinegar wearing off will shed new light onto the situation. Well, I am not SURE, but I hope so. If it doesn't...anyone want a dog?

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, you have taken away any desire to want to get a dog for awhile lol, I hope the rest of the day goes more smoothly and the doggie situation gets better!

Tina said...

wow I am on the NO dog list! I can't think of a way you could talk me into it now.

I hope your day gets better.

The Mudmom said...

But she is so dang sweet and cute!!! If it makes you feel any better, Darcy ate all my birthday cake off the counter before we got to eat any of it. LOL

Christine said...

:) Zoey is in the love Zone again. And sorry I detoured any of you from doggy world. I am not really a Roll with the punches kind of girl...so poo on my foot at 5 am didn't go well. But it all cleaned up just fine and in 7 months this is only the second poo inside and the pee has been easily cleaned up and only happened 4 times. My children make 10 times that many bodily fluid messes for me and I am keeping all of them ;) And none of them give me the constant and faithful love Zoey does! :)