There just isn't room in my life for hate. What I do with mean people is feel sorry for them. A lot of time, and energy is expended being mean or hateful by some people. I am a busy lady and I just don't have time for it. Also, mean people...have you ever noticed...they wrinkle much sooner...I think it might be that they are souring from the inside out. Isn't that sad? Again, I feel sorry for them. So even if I did have enough time to be mean, I couldn't walk away feeling good about it, so I try to be nice and uplifting to those in my life. That means I will even try to smile and be nice to people that are blatently and down right rude or even hurtful to me. I guess like my friend and I were discussing today, I subscribe to that theory of turning the other cheek. Recently a "well meaning" "Christian" told me that I was going to hell. It shook me since I believe in Jesus, love him and couldn't get through a day without him. But it did not take long for me to remember he is my judge and relief set in again. Let us be kind to each other. Let us be forgiving one another. Let us lift each other. Let us help each other. This life is short. I still mourn the loss of my mother daily. I still miss my dear and true friend that I lost in 1995 and still cry over her physical absence. And there is a whole left in my heart from a friend I just recently lost this year. Life is too short for the bitterness of unkind words, of hatred and judgment. Let us only jugde ourselves and our actions and reflect on whether we could do better to love others and reflect the light of Christ better. I recently saw a saying that went something like this...The best way to measure a man's footsteps is by how closely they follow the Savior. To those I love that love me back...Thank you! What a priceless gift you are in my life.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
3 comments:
I just have to say, if you're going to hell, then there is NO HOPE for the rest of us. You are the most thoughtful, loving, and charitable human being I know. And he who has no charity has nothing. I love you, friend!
love this...a friend shared it...
“We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.” -- William Somerset Maugham
Thank you Amy, as always, love, love, love you and the support!
Post a Comment