Anyway, I thought, I am going to make soup. Now you need to know that I am not an "I am going to make anything" person. When we had Darling #3 I told my husband that with three small children and homeschooling something was going to have to give...and gave him a choice, the budget, night time routine, laundry...He chose cooking. My meals and cooking style wasn't his favorite and I admit I should have paid more attention in the kitchen when my mom was here, like some of my sibblings did. I have sibblings that are fabulous at FOOD! My food was edible...but really not much to speak of... I could make a mean batch of chocolate chips cookies or a perfectly moist cake... I say, let them eat cake! But evidently, the pediatrician thought they needed more than that...
Well, obviously, I am not the best cook in the world. But I thought, oh it is getting chilly, definitely a soup day...I think I will make Potato Cheese Soup...
Of course our mom made everything with a little of this and a pinch of that. The recipes we have are her mother's...but she never really followed them. She didn't need to, her food always turned out yummy. (except pancakes...only pancakes I would eat before my husband was in the picture were D.R.'s pancakes, one of my "second" moms...but shhhh, don't tell my mom I ate pancakes at all ;)
So needless to say, with no famous recipe from my mom in hand I googled Potato Soup. I found a simple recipe and made modifications as I went. And I am please to say it was a CROWD PLEASER...even the baby gobbled it up. Picky #4 only ate half of his bowl, but second rounds were even had by some. I just ate the last bowl of it before writing this. It was a good day. D.L., D.P. and A.W. you three need to know that you inspired me with your Potato, Tortilla and Taco Soup respectively! Thanks for the inspiriation ladies. I just pulled up some Crock Pot recipes I can't wait to try. Wait...Did I say that? Someone has taken over my brain! But I confess I enjoyed it...The process and the results :)
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
2 comments:
You make me smile. I miss you! Hurray for Potato Soup. I am happy that yours turned out. I think you are hiding your cooking talent. (hehehe) One of our favorites, but we don't use a recipe either. Like mom. ;)
Hey, I've never tried potato soup but I overheard one of my kids say it was their favorite. . . . I think I need your recipe! : )
Post a Comment