Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude Day One...

November is the month of Gratitude...Thanksgiving.
My mother used to say, "We should have an Attitude of Gratitude." And would remind us that not being grateful for what we have is a sin, the sin of ingratitude. She said, "Your attitude determines your altitude. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it."

I always tell my daughter you only have control of two things...
1) How you act
2) How you react

So This month of being Thankful, I want to express my gratitude for my many blessings.

First and foremost...I am thankful for God and His Son Jesus Christ. I believe they are the source of my blessings and the strength in my trials. I will be counting off some of those tremendous blessings with you this week. But for now I express my deep and abiding love in a loving Father in Heaven who loves us ALL so much that He provided a beautiful plan and a way back to Him. The plan can be painful as I have learned through experience. But the LOVE and the JOY are forever offered to us...and I rejoice to have all of you in my life NOW and FOREVER!
This is one of my mom's favorite songs...if I did it right, this will take you to an interactive player. :) I am also grateful for music.
...Ok...tried it and it works. But if you want to hear the words, you have to click on the button at the top left that says Recorded: Music and words...Love this song! It has helped me through some hard times.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: