A couple years ago the family of girls that babysits for us (they have the opposite...4 girls, 1 boy) told her that they would all be her sisters. This appeased her and she tells me they are her sisters all the time. This year we got a puppy and she is a girl. My Darling #1 calls her the sister she was waiting for.
This same child of mine has decided who she is marrying. So today she said...Mom, I have my 4 sisters and Zoey (our dog) and then the boys will all marry and I will get 4 more sisters. Then when I marry "****" his sister will be my sister. I said, well his brother's wife will be a sister too. She lit up. She started to sing...I'm gonna have 11 sisters, I'm gonna have 11 sisters, I'm gonna have 11 sisters...OH YEAH! Then she realized this means she will have 10 brothers...she said OH NO!!!...Then she said, that's ok he has a girl dog too...And then she began to sing I'm gonna have 12 sisters, I'm gonna have 12 sisters, I'm gonna have 12 sisters...Oh Yes, Oh Yes, I am!
I just love it when we are young and know everything about how our life will turn out! Cute to watch her. She just said, "I KNOW I AM GOING TO MARRY **** and YOU can't do anything about that, except let me marry him..." Kids...
Make it a good day! Only YOU can!
2 comments:
I remember when I was like that...so sure of myself and the world, then I got older and reality hit me like a ton of bricks lol! I hope she gets to stay innocent for a good long while!
Oh, me too! She still believes in Santa and the Tooth fairy. Some day that will go away... But what I really hope she never loses is her faith in God. She loved Him even through her grandma's cancer, I hope she always will. Life doesn't always god the way we hope, but if we trust Him in the end it will be ok.
Post a Comment