Friday, August 13, 2010

SlimFast, Big Thighs and a scale that LIES!

Good Morning!
If you have had one child or ten, or even no children at all, many of you may sympathize and know what I am talking about when I say that sometimes I pull out my old yearbook and *sigh* to myself. Where is that cute little body? I think my fat and hungry girl ate her. Now if you are one of my dear friends that asked me in the last 10 months if I was having another baby and I responded with "NO, I am just fat" and you gasped and said, Oh no you look great... Then first of all I seriously wasn't offended when you kept trying to apologize. And Second, look great for WHAT?... a pregnant person...because (completely without offense need I remind you)...You just said I look pregnant...and not the 3 month cute pregnant when people normally announce the joyous occasion and are barely showing. You haven't seen me for 5, 6, 7? Months and you thought I was having #6! Now I do have a lot of children so I could see how this could just be a normal starting conversation for my friends. But OBVIOUSLY, I do not look just fine. And I am working on it. It would help if I didn't have that impulse to feed my face when people I love get snatched up to heaven. Working on the impulse too.

But with all that said...Now to the Slimfast... I know, I know...Diet and exercize. But I need to get some of the weight off. I was going to the gym and my knee started killing. So I was TOLD I need to get some of the weight off first. Anyway...aside from a couple little treats this week...it has been small reasonable meals, and slimfast shakes. I got on the scale yesterday and happy day I was under 190 (189.5...HEY THAT IS UNDER!) I was so happy I called my DH (Darling Husband) and of course he yeahed, and oooo'ed and awwww'ed for me. That is in his contract. But then dumb me...I got on the scale this morning... 193.5!!! What on earth? I asked myself ARE YOU PREGNANT? Myself does not think so. Here I am...evidently today is a one step forward and four steps back day. I will continue forward and try to tell myself it is water weight? But how long can this go on...No fastfood, chocolate or especially HOT chocolate...A girl can only red knuckle it for so long. My conclusion is that my scale is a liar. I should go out and buy a new one and smash this one with a hammer. But if the new one lies too that could get costly. I will give it a few more weeks. What is it with women and impulse control, patience deficiency and no ability to exercise delayed gratification...at least I am in good company. And for all those diet pooh pooh'ers, who remind us that beauty is on the inside...JUST FOR THE RECORD...I LOVE MYSELF. I just don't love how my current body is accenting all my beautiful features.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

7 comments:

melissaderisi said...

Amen! We can love who we really are and not love the extra junk in the trunk (or wherever else it desides to grab ahold of). Scales don't matter as much to me as being able to wear jeans comfortably. ;) Now if I could just get myself to dust off the wee active more then once a month...

Unknown said...

You probably don't need me to tell you this because you know it already - Slimfast can work in the short term, but you WILL Have days like that on Slimfast, especially if you're having trouble metabolizing sugars (slimfast has a lot of sugars!). I used it, it dropped about 5-10 pounds off me. But I really had success when I went to South Beach - lean proteins and lots of veggies, and I can still have dark chocolate. :)

pefmom5 said...

It's too bad that the scale doesn't weigh inner beauty because I'd estimate you to be in the 400 lb range if that was the case. Keep it up and don't let the scale dictate your mood :)

Christine said...

:) Thanks ladies :) Mel...I miss our FB back and forth...
And V...yes...unfortunately I know that slimfast is like that...I just hope to drop 15 with a little slimfast help (once a day with half a banana and handful of berries and raw almonds...) When my body gets to a certain weight it seems to react better to the exercise and food...That is around 175... I will look into the South Beach thing. No chocolate right now though, I have a friend giving up a substance and that is my sacrifice to show solidarity. ;)
And thanks D...you always think I am better than I am, but it sure makes me feel good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That "are you pregnant"? or "how far along are you"? Are my favorite questions EVER! I love myself (and you!) too :D Unfortunately, kids, divorce, and genetics are not my friends. Well, my kids are my friends just the wear they have left on my body, NOT! I was at the doctor this week and I got the diet and exercise speech, ugh! Good luck sister, we are all in this together ;) xoxoxo

SpencernAmy said...

Come swim! That's exercise you can do that won't hurt your knees. And in my backyard you can do it by yourself. I'll watch the kids. : ) Anything to see you guys more often. . . I'm shameless.