Mornings are wonderful!
They just aren't for me.
For many years I tried to be a morning bird. You know early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Or the ol' It's the early bird that gets the worm Motto. Regardless of the best laid plans and intentions, regardless of all the metaphors and promises of brighter days...I can't seem to drag myself to bed any earlier than 11 pm...and that is an early night! Maybe it is because... Can you hear that? That is the sound of quiet. It is 9:28 pm right now and everyone has gone to bed. My husband is off running an errand (cheese for mine and baby Derek's birthday dinner ;) And I love the quiet of my time by myself. Don't get me wrong. I love, love, love my cute little (ok, well big) family. But that solace of just me, existing, emails, or facebook, or a yummy book...I just love that late time.
What seems like a million years ago, before I was married, while I was at college I had a Night Owl friend. (Still my friend! But back then we were Night Owls together). It was nothing for us to stay up until 2, 3, 4 or 5 am and talk and talk. I loved all those chats and it bound us together. I miss those many chats and look forward to a future schedule change at my house which may allow more of them in the near future since we are still both night owls. When I get together with siblings we are usually up until the wee hours of morning talking and though I usually pay for it the next day, I love those times. I don't get enough of them with most of my family farther away. I wonder what is it like to be that person who can't wait to hop out of bed when the sun comes up. I don't think I will ever know. When I read the parable of the Bride Groom coming at midnight though, I think good, I will probably be up!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
4 comments:
HaHaHa! I am a serious night-owl. I love the quiet, dark of a room after children are asleep. I love the ability to think without interruptions. I love the countless hours stretching out before me with nothing but the soft ticking of a clock... yep, I am definitely NOT an early bird.
me too. as soon as it's quiet here, i have some "to-do's" that never seem to get done during the day or are easier without certain children awake.
The early bird may get the worm but . . . the early worm . . . gets eaten!
Being the Night Owl that Christine mentions in her posting, I can attest to our numerous talk sessions that frequently went to the wee hours of the morning. Those sessions provided the opportunity for mutual understanding, comfort and self exploration that would have never been possible during "normal" hours when the interruptions of our daily lives would certainly have precluded them. I cherish the bonds that were formed during those sessions and look forward to resuming them once your schedule permits.
I love all of you and always will. I know you know that and I take great comfort in knowing the mutuality of our feelings. All my love to the entire family.
KAM
Post a Comment