Wednesday, August 11, 2010

You're gonna miss this????

My children are wonderful...they are fabulous...REALLY! So does it make me a bad mom when I have days I just want to SCREAM! Or even better yet...days when I think I might pull out my hair if I hear ONE MORE PERSON SCREAM? The answer is absolutely NO! It does make me human...if you are a human mom...you will appreciate this morning I had...BEFORE 8 am ;)

This morning I woke to someone tap tap tapping on my arm. "Mommy can I watch a movie?" They say all this technology is PROGRESS...the only progression I see is that my children wake me up earlier and earlier. Being the stellar mom I am I said "Just be quiet." Of course...in five minutes the Dog, Darling #4, then Darling #3 and now Darling #5 are all up... Noise...and LOTS OF IT! Screaming as I write. Why do little boys insist on screaming? I wonder this constantly...sometimes with a splitting headache I beg for refuge. They say in country songs "You're gonna miss this" .... Really? Doesn't a man sing that song? He must mean he is going to miss the elaborate hugs he gets when he comes home from work, and the endless kisses. He is going to miss "Daddy you are my best friend"...

I will tell you what this "firefighter" mother of five is not going to miss...
I will not miss:
dirty diapers
screaming (I will miss noise when they grow up...but NOT SCREAMING)
I won't miss Oreo Cookie shakes on the floor (I will miss Oreo Shake mustaches)
Multiple visits to the doctor in one week...Because when I went in on a Monday for one...the others got sick in succession...
You get the point.
I know they say the joyful sound of children playing is music to the ears...But I must not have EVOLVED to THAT kind of mother yet...because when my four boys really get playing...it is anything BUT music...And when my darling daughter has had enough and screeches at them...WATCH OUT!

There are many things I will miss of course! Laughter, hugs, story time, smiles, giggles, water fight play days, library trips that make kids light up with joy...(hence the endless books back ground on my blog...we miss their angel grandma who is a librarian by trade and by heart)...

But there are definitely a few I don't think I will LONG FOR! :) If you are a "firefighting mama" too...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
So make it a great day! Because only you can! And you may want to invest in some ear plugs ;)

3 comments:

SpencernAmy said...

Beautiful. Well said. And I miss you!

Christine said...

Thanks Amy! I miss you too!

Mindy said...

loving the posts! btw, i haven't evolved to that kind of mom yet either.