We went out last night...I know WEDNESDAY? But it was fun to be together and away from children for a couple hours. Nothing fancy just a trip to Costco to get my hubby a "casual" dress shirt??? I know, oxy moron if I ever heard one. While we were there I browsed around. They had the cutest fall/winter (in California) jackets and I am a sucker for a cute jacket. So I started looking. Wouldn't you know, every one in a color I liked lacked my size. I chuckled and moved on. Then I found another cute, and very light jacket, the kind you wear with jeans and a T-shirt. Again, NOTHING. Now I was a little miffed. When the beautiful dress pants that were fabulously priced had every size above and below mine but only carried my size in "extra long"...at least it seemed EXTRA LONG for this 5'4" girl...I groaned with frustration. Why is it that EVERY time you want something it is impossible to find in your size? Murphy must have another law, whatever size a woman needs will NOT be available. With that said, we did find two cute pair of jeans and since I lost 20 pounds this summer I smiled at my hubby and he said "YES". I held the two brands up...the waist bands were no less than 1 1/2 inches different...which adds up to 3 inches around. They were the same cut so I am wondering about this crazy sizing thing. I got them both and will return the non fitting pair (hope the smaller one is the one that fits!)
We headed to Kohl's to return a pair of shoes. I had worn them 2 times and hated them. They cut into my feet and normally that would result in a pair of shoes in the trash. But Kohl's keeps advertising that they aren't like other stores... Don't like it, no problem, over 90 days, no problem, no receipt, no problem. I thought, what can I lose. I couldn't find my receipt and they offered me $5.99... ummmm NO THANKS! I would rather line my trash can. I did search and search and that great little voice we sometimes hear in our head (I think it must be angels or the spirit) said, look in the glove compartment. Sure enough! So I hope to be getting $23.99 back instead of $5.99! Well...those were my shopping adventures. My husband said, being a girl stinks...your shoes are so uncomfortable. Guys don't have to worry about that. Makes you think it is some anti-woman conspiracy or something ;) If any of you have great dress/church shoes that you LOVE...fill me in. I could use a good pair. They will get used no less than 52 times a year though, so they need to be good, comfy and last. I told my husband last night... "I hate fashion!" Why can't we just wear jeans and white T-shirts and Moo Moo's on Sunday. That would be the life. Maybe I should move to Hawaii... Now there is a pleasant thought and on that note...
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
5 comments:
I have the same problem finding clothes that fit me especially at Costco and their stuff is so cute :-( I have a pair of dress Shoes that I bought from a high end shoe store, they are Clarks brand and are so light weight and comfortable...perfect for Church! i went to J. Stephens, I believe that is the name of the shoe store I got them at, they sell, high quality comfortable shoes. I hope this helps!
The Walking Company!!!-- I buy all my "shoes to last and be comfortable" there. Expensive? yes. (In my mind) but worth every single penny cause they will last years and your feet will thank you. Trust me, I'm a teacher and we stand all day long! I will never (because I've tried em and they still sit in my closet unworn) buy another shoe anywhere else! Main Place Mall-- Dansko is my favorite brand. Check em out on line. But have the store fit you!
Thanks ladies for the shoe tips...and for doing some of the shopping foot work for me...I can use all the help I can get!
Ha Ha...I totally laughed out loud at your husband's comment about the fact that being a girl stinks because our shoes are so uncomfortable. And how you guys were going to buy a "casual" dress shirt!!! I guess some things will never change...ask him about the time he wore sneakers, jeans, and a jacket to his high school Homecoming dance!!!
Post a Comment