Saturday, August 21, 2010

High Ho High Ho...it's off to work we go...

Saturday...Oh how I love Saturday...but to get to all the fun stuff...we must first work. At least that is the case at my house. When I was 20 I was dating the love of my life (LOL...) It wasn't long before I found out he was only love of the month (9.5 weeks to be exact ;) But I did love his family and still do. One thing his mom did was don a small chore list on the front of the fridge. That list of household responsibilities WERE done on Saturday mornings or there was NO FUN TO BE HAD! I loved the idea, and though I don't love chores I do love a clean house. So now you may come visit...bathrooms are scrubbed and kitchen floor to boot. My helper (not including my husband who was the chore instigator this morning...I would have rather stayed in bed)...was darling #3. He said as he scrubbed walls and mopped floors "MOM, I love to help and do this!" What a guy...if he keeps it up the women will be lining up in about 18 years ;)

This whole chore thing reminded me of a funny story. When Leslie was potty training she kept going in her pants. She would stay dry but then whenever the big girl undies got on...accident!!! My grandpa told me..."Make her scrub them out...she WILL stop." So out of frustration more than anything else, I said the next time it happened you are going to scrub those out. I put her in the tub with a bucket of water. Soon she was singing "Whistle while you work..." and "High Ho, High Ho...it's off to work I go." I got a good laugh and though the underware didn't get very clean that day...she did EVENTUALLY stop peeing in them. Little happy mommy memories...they make us so frustrated in the present, but they are so fun to look back on!

Make it a great day. Only YOU can!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Lol, my youngest son and daughter did that as well, peeing when they had their undies on...so frustrating! Luckily those days are past for me ;-)

That is a good idea about a Sat. chore list, I'll have to talk it over with my hubby and see what he thinks.