Boy gets glasses. Boy bends glasses. Mom fixes glasses. Boy gets glasses. Boy bends glasses. Mom fixes glasses. Boy gets glasses. Boy bends glasses. Mom fixes glasses. Boy gets glasses. Boy bends glasses. Mom takes glasses away.
If you didn't laugh OUT LOUD, like I did, then you probably do NOT have children. For those of us that do...and ESPECIALLY MOTHERS...every day can seem like the running together of constant "little" chores... We wipe messes, noses, bottoms. We fix toys, torn clothing, glasses and occasionally broken hearts. A few years back my child broke something and took it to their father. Daddy said, "I am so sorry, I can't fix it son." To which my child replied, "That's ok Daddy, Mommy can fix it. She can fix ANYTHING." I admit, I snickered a little from the other room. And though I can't fix "everything and anything" I do try to be thrifty and fix lots of things. I hope someday my children see that as a strength and are thrifty themselves. For mothers, single, married, stay at home, or working ones...life is strung with constant little invisible chores. I say invisible not because we can't see them. But because usually NO ONE ELSE DOES! :) If the house runs smoothly no one cares, it is when some little invisible thing doesn't get done that we are noticed. I have tried to stop those little tiffs before they even happen at my house. When my husband comes home he changes. After that it usually goes a little like this...you may want to notice... (fill in the blank) the laundry I washed and folded, the bed/s I made, the dishes that are not only rinsed but clean in the dishwasher...and so on. My love language is probably praise. But his is definitely when someone does acts of service. This little routine has created a lot of harmony for us. He Oooo's and Awww's and I smile. Sometimes we laugh because it seems silly, but it makes me feel less invisible. :) And I like that. My jobs may be small, and run together. To some they may be unimportant. But I am raising God's little sons and daughters and I don't consider that anything less than THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB ON EARTH. The media, movies and some (not all but some) liberals...work to make me feel less. If they think I don't contribute to the gross national product they should see my grocery bill each WEEK! :) So all you moms keep doing what you are doing. Hopefully you are not invisible to the people around you. I see you and I think you are doing a great job. And I KNOW GOD SEES YOU and HE IS SMILING!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
3 comments:
I LOVE your routine of showing off what you did through the day to the hubster. Great proactive way to get that love tank filled! You have a great style of writing. Keep at it.
Thanks for the reminder!
Hugs!
Love it!
Post a Comment