Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude Day 25...

Thanksgiving put me a little behind...sometimes first things have to be first... And family took precedence over everything this weekend...including blogging.

Today was Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful day! Our little family ate early and four of our friends joined us. The meal was lovely and we enjoyed the conversation.

I am grateful for many things:
I am grateful for my faith in and blessings from a loving Heavenly Father. I don't always get what I want...like the saying goes...but I get what I need.
I am grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ...he has taught me about love, understanding, patience, brotherly kindness, faith, hope, charity, forgiveness, and redemption...just to name a few things.
I am thankful for my family of origin and the family DH and I "originated"...actually we just gave them bodies that all look somewhat similar...God gave them their amazing spirits before they ever came to earth. They are so amazing, unique and different that you can't convince me otherwise.
I am thankful for a loving, faithful, true, hardworking, honest, clown of a husband. He always makes me laugh, even when I am angry. Which can be annoying, but also is a great blessing.
I am thankful for my education. There are times I think about revisiting that and getting a Master's Degree. But for now I am just grateful I made it through 4 years of college (It only took me 16 years to graduate LOL...But in the end I did it, and lots of work, dating, friends, family and fun were had along the way. I learned a tremendous amount and not just in the classroom.
I am thankful for our warm and lovely home. I would have never chosen to live in a city, but it has grown on me over the years to not live next to horses ;)
I am thankful for my health. I have my hitches, but overall my body has been blessed with tremendous health for which I am eternally grateful.
I am grateful for the gym workouts the past month...THERE I SAID IT! Oh brother, I never thought this would be the case, but my body is feeling much better. I hate to admit my husband was right all these years. I am just grateful he didn't dump my gym membership the years I wasn't using it.
I am grateful to know that I am a daughter of God and that He loves me. I am grateful to know this even though at almost 40 I have experienced an unusually large amount of loss and death of loved ones. Still, I KNOW HE LOVES ME! I feel it, I see it...in the smiles of children, the affection of a true husband, the love and concern of faithful friends.
I am blessed...what else could I want for, what else could I need.

Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!

No comments: