I am thankful for family reunions. My husband is one of 8!!! Wow, that can be overwhelming at times. This was our year to plan and we had a great time. We whittled the reunion down to an all day event instead of a weekend event. But we packed in a lot. There was a small brunch, "Fresh" a family originated game...I would explain it but I remain somewhat confused...even after 12 years LOL, Scavenger Hunt, Soccer Game, Pizza Party, Cheeseburger BarBQ, Minute to win it games, Package for our nephew that is deployed, Short movies my nephew made and family videos that cracked us up. What a tremendous day...and to think we packed so much into it. I owe it to my amazing husband. We have different planning styles. I over heard him on the phone say..."She likes to plan 5 months in advance and 5 days before the activity I say...honey it is fine...we have PLENTY OF TIME! But it all works out." It is true it all does. He is a miracle worker when it comes to bringing things together. Although our darling daughter said to me when I apologized for going ballistic when things were running late... "Mommy, it is ok. I think if daddy wasn't married to you , he would NEVER be on time." We laughed...It is true we are like ying and yang...and I guess ultimately we balance each other. I guess he truly completes me. What a great day!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment