Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude Day 7...

I am thankful for strong women...
If you are reading this you are probably one of the strong women in my life. When I set up this blog I set it up so that it would be open. I set it up hoping to share REAL life. Not the "Oh, my life is frosted cupcakes every day of the week...(yeah right!)" But the life where I live most of the time...on some days that is more like "Oh, crud...my whole tray of chocolate cupcakes just fell face down on the kitchen floor." Remember when this happens I have said before and it is worth repeating...We only have control of two things: How we act, How we react...

I am thankful for women who's example makes me want to react better. Some times I have already acted poorly and I find myself in the kitchen, on the floor, hand mopping up tomatoe sauce after banishing child #1 to their room and telling them "YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO MAKE YOUR OWN MINI PIZZAS AGAIN....DO YOU THINK I LIKE CLEANING UP MESSES?" You know...just a figurative example ;) (P.S. thanks HH for making me feel like I wasn't the worst mom in the world when that happened the other day!)

So If you know me well and are close to me then you know some of my intitials references...if you don't know me, I hope you still get something out of this blog if you are reading it. But for today I want to thank some women. So thank you in no particular order:
TDB (for loving me and teaching me to be patient, even when the Lord doesn't deal the exact hand we want, at the exact time we want it.)

HH(thank you for sharing so much of you with me and making me feel normal and oh so loved. For long talks, hot chocolate and constant encouragement.)

SN (aka the mom...Thank you for your love of the Lord and being a constant part of my life for the past 21 years...I know we have never called each other this...but you need to know...I love you like a sister!)

DP(thank you for keeping it real with me and reminding me that I can love my husband even on the days I don't necessarily totally like him ;) Your strength keeps me going).

DL(Thank you for the course in being a more laid back and fun mom, you have made me a better mom. I know this year has been full of its own stresses for you, plus the help you endlessly give others, but never forget why we homeschool...you taught me...HAVE FUN! :)

AW(Thank you for being someone I know I can count on, who loves everyone, and is without guile. I feel my name is ALWAYS safe with you. I love that about you.)

JW and KB (Thanks for lunch the other day...I am going to read the BOOKS! I love you both, you bring me so much happiness and smiles and joy!!!)

NPM(I don't care what you say, you are feeling and loving and caring and after 28 years YOU WON'T convince me of any less...I think you are wonderful. You inspire me! Thank you for caring about me! I love you!)

PC(Opps...almost called you PH...Thank you for Thirty years of friendship. You are a wonderful example to me. I love you. You are a great wife and mother. Thank you for loving me all these years.)

CL(My Carebear friend, Thank you for being there always, and even though time and distance often separate us, I love that we can always pick up where we leave off).

WV(Strength does not sound like a strong enough word to me to describe you...you are a rock and your faith and testimony have helped mine grow this year...A million thank yous...Oh and a million congrats too)

VF(Thank you for loving me and believing in me. We have been friends for so many years, I am grateful FB brought us back together...your love for your boys strengthens me on my rough mommy days!)

EP(Your little man is one of the luckiest I know...there isn't a child out there more loved. You radiate it in all you have given up to make his world so great. I love you and your example!)

TM(Thank you for loving me always, consistently and unconditionally. You are a true and dear friend. And when your last name is called I will always report as part of the family...honored to be loved and considered such ;)

CC(David's CC)(Thank you for blogging, you inspired me...I have done it for many years, but not until I followed your faithful example of it did I really embrace it. You have been making me a better person like a second mom for 30 years...I LOVE YOU.)

TR (your love for your husband and children keeps me going more days than you would ever know. Though we are "cyber" friends, your support and friendship are a very real blessing in my life and I love and appreciate you and your wonderful example of a good Christlike life! And I think you have a great hubby too!)

HMA(Thank you for your friendship the past 18 months. You bring out the best in people. You make me smile. I love you!)

LAM(You know who you are...I LOVE YOUR GUTS GIRL! My only regret was it took us all the way to the forth grade to find each other!)

KTM(Girl I LOVE YOU AND Your drama ;) Never forget we all have it...the day the drama stops I am 6 ft under...I will take the drama. I love you and love that you love me through everything. You are the best!)

CC(My Italy traveling wonder, your strength and courage amaze me. I wish for every wonderful thing for you).

AR(way on the other side of the US...I don't know how you do it all, to me you are a super hero...someday we will finally be in the same place...brace yourself for a big hug!)

EN(Saving one of the best new friends in my life for last. Remember, there is hope, there is love, he is close, you are being watched over and he left you so much love here! I love you! May you always feel the peace of his spirit close and know that there is a big plan and when it all unfolds it will heal these hurts when we can see him again. I LOVE YOU!!!)

I have so many wonderful ladies in my life I could go on and on...forgive me if I didn't include you this time...My fingers are just tired ;) Love you all for the strength and example you are to me.

Make it a great day. Only YOU can!

2 comments:

SpencernAmy said...

Awwww . . . thanks! I'm liking this gratitude thing . . . .

Unknown said...

You are so amazing. I hope to follow your example on all days, not just gratitude days.