When I had my daughter (my first) from the time I knew I was pregnant I knew that it was a girl. Not like a voice from heaven or anything...just this inner peace preparing me for a daughter. I can't explain it very well, but if you have felt it YOU KNOW...if not I will just say it was a sweet experience. When they lay her in my arms you could hear my heart beat to a new tune...the tune of motherhood, I would never be the same after that. I would now put those around me first, I would now take the burnt bacon, or toast. Forever more I would be the singer of lullabies and the rocker of children. I would be the kisser of owwies and the mender of hearts. It is an amazing and lofty calling I often don't feel capable of fulfilling. But I tread forward and pray I don't mess them up too badly.
After Darling #1 I had some dreams and believed so very strongly that there was another girl coming. So did Darling #1... But instead one right after the other arrived... "Baby Boy", "Baby Boy", "Baby Boy", and "Baby Boy". Now she says mom, you should stop having babies all you know how to make now is "Baby BOYS!" I hug her and wipe away the tears of sorrow over the loss of what could have been (a baby sister). It isn't ruled out yet, but she is convinced it is impossible.
I wonder often, why so many baby boys? But recently the thought rushed over me... call it what you will but I believe it was an answer from God telling me that He needed me to raise these boys to be righteous and good men. He needed young men that would honor women and treat them with love and respect, that would work hard, and stand up for truth and justice. So I smiled. I get it now. I am so blessed to be the mother of nobel boys! I am grateful for all five of my beautiful babies. How or why God ever trusted me with so many of his precious children is beyond me, but I am sure glad that He did.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment