My kids were so excited. "Where is the tooth box? Does the tooth fairy come for dogs too?" I don't know? Does the "tooth fairy" come for dogs??? Hmmm... I said, well, put it out and see. Now I am starting to wonder what the tooth fairy was thinking when she got into this line of work. Our dog has not lost one, two, three, four, five, six, or seven teeth in the past 3 weeks...SHE HAS LOST 8!!! By tooth five I AM SURE...the tooth fairy was tired and almost broke. I should know, I have boughten a few doggy toys in my day and lets say they aren't $1, like the buck my kids get from the KID "Tooth fairy". That poor dog tooth fairy, is probably rethinking her line of work, as I write this. I know if I were her, I would! :)
She did get a reprieve though. Darling Doggy got ahold of Darling #4's very cute and expensive head phones (the only kind that stay on a 3 year old's head). And Yep...she did what puppies do...Chew, Chew, Chew. I promptly went to Darling Daughter's room and told her, YOU BETTER RETRIEVE THAT TOOTH FROM THE BOX...that tooth fairy surely isn't coming tonight with that dog causing so much trouble.
One morning the kids woke up...I think it was tooth #3...and there was nothing and the tooth was still there. NOT TO WORRY THOUGH...around 10 am we got an email from "Happy Fairy" and she explained that dogs have been losing teeth like crazy and she was a little backed up! Thank heaven for emails, my kids were freaking out. Good thing she cleared all that up.
Now with all that...can I just say, one of the perks for me about homeschool has been that the innocence and joy of childhood lingers around my house a lot longer than most places I know...and as you can see...I like it that way!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
3 comments:
That is GREAT Sis! Loved reading it and it brought a smile which was VERY needed today.
I love you!
Darcy lost out cuz she probably swallowed all her teeth. I never saw a one to put under her doggie pillow. Maybe the tooth fairy is making it up to Darcy's best friend Zoe! LOL
Thanks for the laugh! I was dying. Doggy tooth fairy. . . .
Post a Comment