2010 09 24...Yesterday's blog...too tired to write last night...
Yesterday we went on an adventure with our friends. We drove to a wonderful hiking spot and tootled around while we waited for two of the 10 children we had with us to wake up...then we went on a cute little hike, which included crossing streams and small rivers. Eight years ago this mommy wouldn't have done it...but after raising a daughter that loves mud and four dirty boys on wheels...I finally plunged into the river with both feet in my new nikes. What a joy it was to watch these children tromp through the forest. I was singing the tune from Peter Pan inspite of the fact I only know a few of the words and that I should limit my singing to the shower. Tee Dum Tee Dee....These are the words we sing... We're following the leader, the leader, the leader, we're following the leader because he told us so.
Oh the joys and the carefree bliss of being young or young at heart. My three year old hestitated to put his hands in some mud at the end of the journey. But after some cheering and encouragement on my part, he finally plunged in both hands and rose with fists full of mud. He even slung some onto his sister which produced shreaks from her and outbursts of laughter from the two mommies in our little parade. I am so grateful to be a mother and to have a good mommy example...My friend has taught me that mud washes out and things get clean again, but memories of times like that never fade. They are etched in the hearts and minds of our little ones. I hope they will emulate this behavior one day and encourage their own children to play, get dirty and have a great deal of fun! (Thank you my friend for the lessons!)
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment