Friday, September 17, 2010

Excellence...

Today was a wonderful day. We had the opportunity to go to our dear family friend's graduation from the Golden West Police Academy. Seeing him in that handsome uniform and cheering for him for the ups and down, pain, tears and sweat of the past 24 weeks was a complete rush. I am so happy to be his friend and so very proud of this endeavor in his life. He has not been hired on yet but took the initiative to go through the Academy on his own. It is bad enough to be yelled at, told you are fat, or slow, or skinny, or not to smile, when you are getting paid to hear it. But when you are on your own, I don't know that I would have the back bone to take it on my own dime. But he did. We prayed for him every day and sometimes my boys made sure we prayed for him 5 times a day or more. I know that the Lord answered our prayers and blessed him to do well through out the process. I told my boys and daughter this week, now lets pray for him to get a good job (the right job :)

As I sat there listening to the speeches and comments about honor and courage I thought... What great character traits, we could all learn something from these recruits. Imagine our lives and our country and our WORLD...if people exemplified honor, civility, courage, trust worthiness in all that they did. There would not be war, there would be peace. I am grateful for him and that he swore today in front of his leaders, family, friends, the community, but most importantly in front of God that he would keep the peace. May God bless you B.R.F. We are so very, very proud of you. Sometimes the lines between family and friends run very thinly and you are like one of our own. We love you very much. Congratulations, that was no easy task. You stuck with it and persevered. Way to go!!!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

stitching pooh said...

Love it I think we have all had that day