Thursday, September 2, 2010

EAT THAT CHICKEN!!!

Darling #3 is always up for testing me. He tests my patience more than and farther than I ever thought it would stretch. At dinner tonight he refused to eat his chicken. I said you will eat your chicken to which he replied at the top of his lungs, "I WON'T EAT MY CHICKEN, I WON'T, I WON'T, I WON'T. I WOOOOOOON'T EAT MY CHICKEN."

To which I replied go to your room and don't come out or speak to me until I call you.

Upon arriving in his room he said, "Can I get up now?"

I ignored him!

Then I turned to my husband and said, "He will eat his chicken if I have to blend it in the Vitamix and spoon feed it." I actually said something else (no cussing, just other words...but you never know who reads these blogs...so you get the idea!)

He came back to the table. I told him he had to eat his food and that we were going soon to get slurpees and he better eat.

He said, "I don't like that chicken."

I said, "You ARE going to eat it. You don't have to LIKE it, you just have to eat it!!!"

He started to yell again, "I hate it, it tastes gross!!!"

I said, "Who ever told you that you could act like this to your mother? Have you EVER seen anyone else treat their mother like this? (it was a rhetorical question...)

But he replied yes, "Fred and Wilma (names changed to protect their mother ;) talk to there mom like that all the time."

To this I replied, "Oh? I guess you will NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH FRED AND WILMA AGAIN!!!"

He said, "I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry!!! I will never do it again."

Hmmm...I guess he really likes Fred and Wilma. Regardless, he ate his CHICKEN! He didn't die from it either and we all had a lovely stroll to 7-11 to get Slurpees. Mine was Pina Colada, my very favorite flavor!

***Disclaimer...there are many nights the chicken does not go down this easily. Although it DOES go down. We won't go there, that is a blog for another day. This kid has gone without more dessert than I ever thought a kid would!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL! My oldest son is my pickiest eater and I've found if he says something negative at the dinner table about what I've made, the other kids will usually mimick him and then I have a full on war with all the children ;-) I now have a rule that if anyone says anything negative at the dinner table about the food before them, they will lose their video games for a week and also if they do not eat what I give them...although I do take into account fullness, I don't want to teach them they have to over eat to clean their plate. Anyway as long as they eat all their food ( and I am very fair when it comes to stuff I know they don't like) or most of it, they are ok...it works really well, but I have had to punish a child or two a few times and now they understand...Momma means business!

pefmom5 said...

As a kid, I sat at the table for HOURS while my step mom waited for me to eat my salmon...I hated the fish and the bones. Still hate anything that came from the sea. We had scrambled egg battles too. But I love those.
Kids are great!!! I'm sure your gross chicken was a nicer meal than "fend fer.." which I often serve my teenagers