But looking back I guess it was a little entertaining.
Darling #4 poured his own milk! Yeah, good job! He convinced me to add a little chocolate milk to it. Yum! He preceded to "accidentally" spill it all over the fairly clean kitchen floor. Which then required IMMEDIATE MOPPING! Yeah! ....Or in my case "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE SO MANY MESSES FOR ME TO CLEAN UP?" To which he always responds...I don't know...or the "accident" thing. I wonder if they will ever realize I DON'T CARE that it was an accident.
An hour goes by. Darling #3 says, Oh No! I spilled! My daughter goes in the kitchen and screams. My five year old had for whatever reason...we still aren't sure...been unable to make it to the toilet and there was a huge puddle of pee. He said, "Sooooorrrrreeeee! It was just an accident." There is that darn word again! I clean it up and wonder what I would do someday if I didn't homeschool and all my kids were in school. I fight the thought since it might make me abandon ship today.
Then the dog decides to pee twice in her new, beautiful, giant kennel that I got for her so she could stretch out at night. Really? Seriously? I wonder to myself if the universe is out to get me personally, or if there is just a radar set on all mothers to make their days full of trying...ACCIDENTS!
I remember how excited Darling Husband and I were to get pregnant with each and every child. I reflect on the sorrow when we lost one pregnancy many years ago. I smile when I think... that getting them here was no accident. God knew exactly what he was doing. I try to take the day in stride and remember how good I have it.
The house is quiet. I get everyone in bed. There is a hush. It is only me and the snoring puppy in the room. I finish making my book on Picaboo with an hour to spare for upload. I sigh, I am happy! Life is good. Then the upload says it will take 6.5 hours and the coupon is going to expire. I have to laugh! What else can I do? "Life Happens!"
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
Or you can say Pee happens lol! I'm finding myself looking at my children and just remembering that they are my gifts from God and how much I want them to be successful in their lives...more importantly to love God with all their hearts! My husband likes to jokingly say "Ok, let's make a run for it" or "Shall we sell them and see how we can get", I always reply "No way, I carried them in womb for 9 months, lots a lot sleep caring for them and potty training them, no way I've invested too much in these kids" I just can't joke about leaving my kids, because they are just too precious to imagine it :-)
Post a Comment