My mother kept a journal the majority of her adult life. I have everyone of them (except the one she burned, her first year of marriage...guess she got a little too graphic and didn't want us reading it). I have read many entries, happy, sad, spiritual, frivolous...Sometimes my mother wrote about being mad at me. Those entries were hard to stomach when she was first gone. But can you imagine my arrogance? Of course she got mad at me sometimes. I sure know I got mad at her at times. But I know that to her dying breath she never doubted my love for her. And never, not even for a moment did I doubt her love for me. I didn't think she always went about things the right way. Now I get to be a parent and do everything the "right way" LOL! Hopefully I will learn from her mistakes...as I am already making lists of new mistakes of my own.
In Memory of Mother
The Keeper of Secrets
The Weaver of Dreams
The Spinner of Tales
So real it seemed
The giver of gifts
The kind wrapped in bows
And the kind you can't touch
If you're a mother you know!
The time spent listening
About a new boy each week
The 7-up and soup
When I was too sick to speak
The story time
When I was so very small
The story time
Even after I grew big and tall
The endless meals
That took so long to prepare
And the endless friends
She feed when they were there
The cards and stationary
Letters filled with love
That told us we were special
Gifts from God above
The endless hugs she gave us
Even when we let her down
Her love was unconditional
She never wore a frown
I never really noticed
All the endless time she spent
All the things that she did for us
All the places that she went
The years of taxi service
The melons cut just right
And the homemade popcorn
That was just out of sight
I wish that I had seen it
Wish I knew it at the time
I thought I was her best friend
Now I see that she was mine
And ohhhh how much I miss her
But all I can give now
Is to be the kind of mother
That each day she showed me how
She was by no means perfect
There were flaws, I'm sure it's true
But when your mom's not with you
You see everything from a different view
And now all I see is an angel
Who did her best to give
All the love she had
To all of us kids!
Love you mommy! Missing you so much!
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment