Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Wise Brother...

February 25, 2011
I know it is "tomorrow" technically...but it is still Friday for me.

Today was a busy day. I made a fabulous present for my husband...I will probably put it away for Father's Day! I am so excited about it...but you will have to wait til Father's Day...I know...I'm awful.

One of my brothers called today. I have been having a hard time since the recent death of my step grandpa. I used to be very close to him. Not so much since my grandmother's passing...but I do love him. Anyway I was feeling bad and a little down. When ever I get a call from any of my siblings it seems to lift my spirits. I was so grateful for the call from my brother. He is so wise and gave me lots of good advice. Mostly the kind of advice our parents gave us...Remember you are wonderful, don't run faster than you have strength, don't be so hard on yourself, you do so much for others sometimes it is ok to say no...etc., etc., etc.

It was stuff I really needed to hear. This brother is younger than me and I am used to being the "voice" of reason so to speak. But it was good to be on the receiving end of sound advice and know that he loves and cares about me and how I am feeling.

My chat with him was followed up by getting ready for and having a lovely night out with my sweetheart...something that is always good for my soul. At best life is difficult...but it sure is good.

*As a side note my dad is helping me work on a great preparedness blog...so if any of you phantom blog readers out there want to "prepare" check it out: Preparedness Blog
If you have suggestions or ideas...please send them my way ;)

#312 Reason I see Heavenly Father's hand in my life...wonderful siblings!!!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: