Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Joy of Friendship

My first day of Freshman year I had Spanish 6th period with Ms. F. She drove us crazy. And we were never allowed to chew gum in class. I think it was actually a school rule but she was the only teacher I had in four years that enforced it. My saving grace was my good friend B. (a guy friend from church) and a NEW friend I made. You know me and privacy...C.A. Over the course of my highschool years we probably wrote 100's maybe 1000's of letters (she still has embarrassing boxes of them! :) We laughed, cried, went to football games, passed notes, had sleepovers, went to dances (school ones and church ones), went to the beach, liked a bus load of boys...a couple times the same boy...But she was such a comfort during those years. She was one of my besties or as I call them my "TRUE FRIENDS"... Her, P.H., and H.R. got me through the highschool years! I love them each for the different joyful memories they brought into my life.

Tonight I got to spent four hours with C.A. (well she is married now...different initials) and her beautiful family. I love her...and it is true what they say about TRUE friends. Through the years time and distance can not diminish a true friendship. I love her more every passing year. We never run out of conversation. We still laugh. There have been times I have cried with her. I love her. My life would not be as good without her in it. I am grateful that the Lord crossed our paths again and again each time life, marriage, children, etc. caused us to drift apart. We don't get nearly the time to see each other that we would like. But everytime we are together is a blessing for me.

Tonight our children were all curled up on chairs in the playroom. They were watching the Disney Channel. When we left my only daughter said how awesome it was..."Mom, it was like having three sisters." It made my heart happy! I love her and her beautiful family. So happy that God put her in the course of my life, again, and again. It don't believe in coincidence, so I am sure He knows what he is doing!

#315 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...C.A. who else could make a girl such a wonderful BFF besides God? Thank you Heavenly Father!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!


No comments: