Children...Good, naughty, good, naughty...unlike the rain...I DO mind having naughty children. So far #3 lost the privilege of getting a $1.00 book at Target. HE DID NOT LEARN. Then he lost a nice warm, out of the oven, Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal cookie. HE DID NOT LEARN. Then he lost one Valentine Treat From Grandma W. HE DID NOT LEARN. Then after horrible manners at the table he lost the privilege of finishing his dinner. HE DID NOT LEARN. Said child is in bed one hour early. Always the chance he will learn tomorrow.
I have learned this week that I can resist the temptation and only eat one Girl Scout Samoa. However, I also learned I can not resist and eat ONLY ONE hot, warm cookie out of my oven. Oh well, they were yummy and I did about 5 hours of gardening this week in addition to some YOGA. So yeah me...and one thing at a time ;)
I have learned that almost 10 year old girls are WEIRD. They cry all the time. FOR NO REASON. Oh my, how am I going to get through the teen years, if things are already melting down? I will tell you this...In NO WAY do I want to trade places....Today was a little FREAKY...but that would be NIGHTMARE FRIDAY. I paid my dues and I am perfectly content living out my life right where I am at.
#318 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...FREAKY FRIDAYS...I don't know where they come from...but they certainly give me a reason to look to HIM for help and support.
Make it a good day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
I still have similar experiences with my #1 child (#2 is just starting them and #3 is right on her heels . . . sigh). Anyway, something #1 started doing which has really helped, is having a Mom & daughter journal. She'll write her frustrations down in it and leave it under my pillow. I respond (prayerfully) and hand it back to her (under her pillow would be found by unwanted eyes). Several times it has sparked deep conversations and some pretty wonderful 'thank you' journal entries. This works especially well when the sadness episode happens at an inconvenient time like when guests are over (our most recent occurence). Hope that helps! Love you and your #1!
Post a Comment