Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Little things...

It is the little things that warm my heart. I love to hear my baby say mama and I love when he comes in the kitchen and hugs my leg. I say Oh thank you I love your loves and he does it again and again...then looks up at me for the same response...which I give him again and again...until he tires of it. I love when my #4 child curls up with me and says, "I love you a lot, a lot, a lot, A LOT!!!" I love it when my number #3 child says, "Mom, I never, never want you to die." I love it when my #2 child sees the dresser draws I painted in the color he chose and puts his arms around my neck so tight and says thank you thank you thank you. I love it when my little girl says...mom I have to call you my best mom ever because I don't want to hurt dad's feelings but I AM closer to you.

It's the little things that matter most

And YES for them I'd eat burnt toast

I'd walk a mile or two or three

Carrying a child with a skinned knee

I don't mind snot or pooh or pee

I'm quite familiar with all three

I do the dishes day in day out

That is what a mom's about

I love to watch my children play

It is the best part of my day

The laundry does it ever slow?

I know the answer it is "NO!"

But I don't mind these menial tasks

What do you do? Some people ask...

I stay at home

I love my kids

I hug them, tickle them

We dance a gig

We roll on the floor

and laugh til someone pees

We eat ice cream

And get a brain freeze

Our life is simple

Nothing too grand

You call me a "housewife"

You don't understand

I am building a monument

I'm creating art

I'm making a masterpiece

In this living room it starts

A Rembrant, A Mozart

A Hero, A friend

Oh the endless possibilities

My job never ends

The "world" may not value

The job which I do

I don't get a check

That part is true

But the hugs and the love

The angel eyes looking at me

If you are a mom you understand

I gladly do it for free

And each moment is special

As God's children we raise

Through the precious moments

And the "terrific" TWOS phase

And I am just through the first decade

To moms who raised teenagers, I look on ahead

In awe of all they survived

And wonder how their children aren't dead...

And it gives me hope

That if I persevere

Though the path is not easy

And the answers usually aren't clear

That as I reach to heaven

And call HIM for help

There won't be a hole I get in

That HE can't get me out

Yes the little things matter

The "thank you" and "please"

And teaching our little ones

To thank the Lord on their knees

For all that they have

For the blessings bestowed

Yes I work for free

But it is to HIM that I owe

For these precious companions

That I borrow through life

Whose love always encourages me

Through the difficult strife

I'll never have millions

Or live in castle

But the cleaning would stink there

Oh think of the hassle

May we stop to remember

It's the little stuff

The hugs and the kisses

Yes, That is enough

by, ME ;)


#319 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life: The Little Things


Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the poem! Did you really write it!? Wow, you are talented!! Thank for the reminder of what being a mother is all about, I needed that!

GinaJ said...

That is a terrific poem! Good job, my friend :)