Friday, February 11, 2011

The impossible...was possible...

For those of you who live in a hole or under a rock...I will let you in on a little secret. It is that time of YEAR...yep, Girl Scout Cookie time. The little delectable diet breakers have been my arch enemy since...I don't know maybe 1992??? (I know they were around before then, but they didn't seem to affect me before then.)

Samoas are my favorite...well those and thin mints. But this was the week I was determined to REALLY WORK at my weight watchers program and get back in shape. But how do you turn down a darling little niece, or another girl scout you have been buying from for 7 years...So I just bought 4 boxes from each of them. The six boxes of thin mints were easy...Ryan sealed them with his sealer thingy...and they are going in the freezer. They freeze well. They are great crushed and added to brownies..YUM...or just frozen...again YUM! The Samoas were difficult though. Frozen Samoas just doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

My children were thrilled with my resolution. Tonight after dinner, for dessert, they had a small bowl of ice cream with TWO Samoas...I think they were ready to give me mother of the year ;) The baby was THRILLED!!! He gobbled them up too. I mean what isn't to like...Delish cookie, carmel, chocolate, coconut...YUM!

So I did the UNTHINKABLE
I did the IMPOSSIBLE
I did the UNFATHOMABLE...
I ate Only ONE!!! ONE!!! 2 points...it WAS worth it, but the very fact that I could stop at one makes me want to throw a party for myself. :) Self restraint is a beautiful thing. I am not always very good at it. BUT I FELT LIKE A WARRIOR TODAY!

#324 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...I prayed this week to be able to conquer the temptations and stay on the right track with exercise and diet. I know, KNOW that He helped me today.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

Rojahn Family said...

You go girl!!!!! All I cansay is I get it. It's hard and you're awesome for such strength of character. It'll pay off soon.

SpencernAmy said...

Wow! That IS amazing! Well done!