Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Sundays...

Today was a bright and beautiful sabbath day. I love the sky and the clean in the air after some rainfall. What a blessing. It is like another fresh, new beginning. And if you have read my posts you know how I love NEW BEGINNINGS!

Today was unusually calm and good. No real catastrophies getting ready for church. My boys were extraordinary "church mice" and I heard much of the Sunday Service. I don't expect this every week, but I enjoyed it today.

Part of the Sunday Service, a member of the congregation spoke about the power of media for good or bad. There are so many things out there. Media is a variety of things. Newspapers, Magazines, Television, Radio, Computers, Internet, Blackberries, iPhones, Blogs...the horizons of media seem to broaden daily in our society. Social Networking can be for good or bad. I have gasped at some of the status updates I have read over the years. We are never really dorment...we are either building or tearing down. Even idleness or unresponsiveness is a form of destruction...decay is destruction and it really doesn't need to do much...just sit and rot. So the best thing to do is find a way to build. Write a friend an email, an inbox...Or heaven help us...A PIECE OF MAIL! ;) Call someone you haven't talked to in a long time. Reach out, reach up! Today I got an inbox from a close friend. We lost a friend in a car accident 8 months ago. She and his mother and I have missed him so much. So she wrote to let us know she was lighting a candle. We each did the same. That little candle warmed my evening...made my room smell yummy and made me think of my dear friend. I am grateful to N.P. for thinking of it and for reaching out to us. Grief is often divided when shared.

Today I received a call. It was from a woman I called "Grandma P." my whole life. She lived across the street from us and I spent many summers in her mobile home park pool. For years she gave me a Saturday job of cleaning her house and not only paid me well, but hooked me up with others to clean for as I got older. She loved us and she and my mother and father were dear friends. I had lost touch with her and was thrilled to get to talk to her. She made my afternoon, by picking up the phone.

Think for a minute...listen to the voice within...who needs you this week? Now go...and DO...! You will feel so good! The blessing of service is that it blesses not just the receiver, but also the giver.

#316 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...the miracle of giving, no matter how much I give, he blesses me with more to share.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: