Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Sundays...

Today in Sacrament Meeting several people shared of the power of influence for good that people have on each other. This earthly life is a test and Christ can not physically be here to hold each of our hands for that would require no faith.

So what does he give us...his love, guidance, comfort, support, strength, forgiveness AND
EACHOTHER!

I have seen or heard of so much good done. Friends helping when a baby is coming. Making sure a child has Christmas presents. Making sure a homeless man has a blanket. Making sure a widow has some place to eat for Thanksgiving. Making sure a child feels loved.

There is so much good and goodness in the world. I am not blind, I know there is a lot of bad stuff out there. But I choose to seek the good. I choose to notice all of you who have touched lives, changed things, made the world better. And in doing it you have served God because you were helping his children...YOU are His child and he does not forget us. Like any parent, He can not always give us everything that we want, and like any parent, he does not put us in a bubble to avoid, pain, hurt, sorrow. But like any good parent He loves us...truly, unconditionally and eternally.

May we act as the hands of God. May we lift the feeble, give comfort to the weary and weak. May we mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. As we do, we reach outward, and heavenward and then, the blessings are inevitable.

#329 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life: The goodness and greatness of mankind, the innumerable acts of goodness, kindness and service done by fellowman. The love, compassion and tenderness shared, by and even to...strangers. When saw we thee a stranger and took thee in? If ye have done it unto one of the least of these my bretheren, ye have done it unto me.

Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!

No comments: