The sun has also been a very nice aide to the growth of our little garden beginnings. The beginnings of this garden have made me so grateful for our many chances each day to begin...anew...to start over. TO BE BETTER! I am thankful for that tender mercy.
Last Sunday was an ordinary Sabbath. I was feeling really grateful because the day before I had been able to go to a friend's baptism and take my children to see my last living grandparent (my step grandfather, my grandmother's second husband). Five children and homeschooling does not permit a tremendous amount of visits but we aimed for a couple a year. He was very old but this last trip he was looking better than ever and showered us with love, hugs and kisses. He told me the same old stories he had a million times before, and I smiled and acted like they were new news. He was sad to see us go but looked forward to getting better from a recent surgery and wanted to come see our new home addition.
Monday morning the call came from his daughter. Some vomiting led to breathing issues and they lost him on the way to the hospital. I was SHOCKED! He would have been 90 this year. How could it be. I had JUST been there. He looked great. Then I stopped to think... What a Tender Mercy from the Lord that my children and I had the opportunity to be with him. It was a great opportunity, filled with love, laughter, singing and dancing from the children and I think he appreciated it. I know he has been ready to leave a long time. But I am grateful he was preserved for our LAST VISIT on this earth, it was a great one. I do not have regrets, accept that I am sad he didn't see the add on (he used to live in a house in our neighborhood many years ago). I hope that whom ever is incharge up there...lets him get a glimpse of it ;)
So I sat in church today thinking, it was such a "Sweet Sunday"...WOW...what a great plan, come here, live, grow, families, life lessons, joys, sorrows, grow, did I mention grow??? And then...there is FOREVER attached, I look forward to forever, but I really am also enjoying the NOW of my life. Thank you Heavenly Father for both!
#322 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life..."Sweet Sundays" and "Tender Mercies"...I am thankful for both.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
No comments:
Post a Comment