Sometimes like the SUN the light in our life is fierce, fiery and unstoppable. Other times the light of the sun is dimmed by the clouds. But the light is there and it reminds us of the promise of the new day. One after another they come and we decide what to do with them. Happiness is NOT easy. It is a choice. There is SO much around us that happens. We can CHOOSE despair and pain. But wallowing in self pity will not honor us, God or those we love. SO CHOOSE...choose to live, choose to love, choose to grow, choose to learn, choose to touch lives. I have learned from experience that there is always someone that has it worse than we do! ALWAYS. I lost my mother to cancer at 35. Recently our friends lost their father, they are 17 and 15. They lost their mother to cancer at ages 7 and 5. Does God love them...I SHOUT YES! Is it fair? I SHOUT NO! But life is a string of events, choices and trials. How we respond is our opportunity to shine. Have you loved and lost someone? What could you do to honor them? Yesterday I got a package in the mail. It touched my heart. It was a favorite book of one of my favorite friends. He was called home from this earthly experience last year tragically. I love his mother...in loving her I have found some healing in losing my own mother. I grew up with many "moms" that loved and love me. But my mommy held a special place. I am a woman without my mommy, she is a mommy without her precious boy. We are a good match and I love her dearly. She reached out of her grief and her pain to HONOR her boy. I can't wait to read the book. I will let you know how it is...but I can already tell you I LOVE IT...because it came with so much LOVE!
Choose ye this day whom ye will serve?
#334 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Because of the chance that comes with every BRAND NEW DAY he gives us. I am thankful for those NEW BEGINNINGS! I LOVE THEM! (and thanks HH for a day you said something that made me realize this!)
No comments:
Post a Comment