Monday, January 31, 2011

Definitions...

Today my dad sent me a link to a post from a woman that reads "Mormon Mommy Blogs"...the woman that wrote the post was a self proclaimed atheist, a feminist and a career woman. And yet she said she was fascinated by the world of Mormon women. Anyone that knows me well would not refer to me as "Mormon"...not because there is anything wrong with the term...techincally I am one. But the word doesn't define me. In fact the word itself is the name of a prophet, a prophet who compiled some of the most important accounts and prophecies of his people before the birth of Christ, of Christ's ministry to them on the American continent, and of their life after His ascension into heaven...He compiled these writings into what is called The Book of Mormon...not because he wrote the whole thing...he didn't, but because he abridged it. I use it along side the Bible, as does every member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I know.

I am a Christian. I am a believer. Yes, I have been saved. I have accepted Jesus as my personal Savior, Redeemer, and Messiah. I believe that in him and by him and of him worlds are and were created and that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. A father that loved all of us so much he was willing to send his only begotten son to suffer for our sins and infirmities, that we might receive mercy if we follow him. I do not write this to offend you. If you know me...you know that I love you...You, whom ever you are, in whatever walk of life you are in. Our choices may differ and there are choices that I may not agree with, just like you may not agree with my choices. Thank heaven there is only one Judge...he will judge us all individually, for that I am grateful...and so I do my best every day. Well, no that is not true...I try to do my best every day...some days I fall short, thank goodness for the grace of Christ.

I am a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin, a wife, a mother and a friend. I am not perfect. I wear a bracelet "www.nocussing.com" because...sometimes I slip and I am working on it. I am human. Sometimes I yell at my kids and sometimes I scream if they are really naughty. I am working on it. My marriage is not perfect, but it is really really good. I would not trade all the money in the world, for the happiness I find in my little piece of chaos heaven. For the woman that can't understand, for the woman that is possibly an atheist, a feminist, a career woman, for the woman that doesn't want children...no judgment here. Life and circumstance, environment and choices mold us. I believe in nature and nurture. They both play a roll. For the woman that is a sceptic...and thinks...she can't really be that happy I would say, come visit me for a week. Although not perfect, my life is golden, my testimony, my faith is firm...and the Lord has poured out blessings on me. That doesn't mean easy...
My mother died of breast cancer.
My biological grandparents are all dead.
My daughter is named after a best friend that died in a tragic accident.
I have seen senseless loss.
Yep, bad things happen to good people. That is life. Heaven is what comes after this trial...heaven is not here, this is the hard stuff, the stuff that makes us think, grow, feel, love, live...and prove ourselves for the next step.

The woman in the link my dad sent me asks herself...why am I so fascinated with these "Mormon Mommy Bloggers..." Isn't it sad that happy mommies, in happy marriages, that love the Lord and God, that love their husband and children, stay home, and enjoy it are "fascinating"...they used to not be fascinating...they used to just be the norm. Either way, I am a mommy, I am a wife, I am a homeschooler, I am a Christian, I am happy, I am a "Mormon."

#335 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...because no matter how harshly I am judge for my simple homey lifestyle, for my sometimes misunderstood religion, or for my passionate love for my husband, I am grateful that there is only one judge, that Heavenly Father set up a beautiful plan and that his son Jesus Christ knows me personally, loves me, and understands my heart. I pray to always walk with them.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: