So the girl that LOVES to dance, hates the gym... What to do? It is about motivation I guess and I wasn't motivated. I have worked on that. 12 years of marriage and five children later, I am finally starting to find my happy place (sometimes that place is pumping up the country music and dancing in the living room with the baby or even my invisible partner)...other times it is walking the dog, eating less, or moving more. But the good news is, I am getting there.
In the past I did all or nothing diets. Guess what (no news flash...I KNOW) they don't work. So this time around I am using nutrition. I eat fruit and veggies, meat (but sparingly) and grains. I drank 10...yes...10 glasses of water yesterday. I read years ago that when you want to lose weight drink your 8 glasses (this is what your body needs to help all organs properly function) and then add a glass for every 25 pounds you want to lose. I am no doctor...so ALWAYS consult a physician, but I have 40 pounds to lose so it will be 8-10 glasses for me until I get there.
NOW to the theme of a day...JUST A BITE...
So often in the past I set these insurmountable goals like...YOU can NEVER have....(fill in the blank). Guess what this always led to cheating. But not cheating with a BITE, cheating with a whole cake, or bag of cookies, or tub of ice cream. See what I mean? Ever been there?
Anyway, I have been doing really good on this eating plan. 1200-1500 calories, walking 3-5 days a week and if I want A, ONE, UNO bite of something I have it. I just don't do it all day, and I just have ONE! Today it was a BITE of cake and it was good. The frosting was the wedding cake kind, sugary heaven...YUM. But guess what? I am pretty sure bites two, three, and four, you get the point...wouldn't have tasted any better than that first bite that I savored. So far, so good. And Thanks D.L. there is really something to that intuitive eating thing...I am just sorry it took me 8 months to get it...I probably would have been to my goal if I had listened sooner! :)
For anyone interested: Sparkpeople.com is awesome, free, weight and exercise management tracking and so much more (support, recipes...etc). I hope for those of you looking for something like that, that you will check it out! One little spark can light a flame.
#241... Reason I see the hand of the Lord in my life....he has helped me to gain more self control in my life than I could have imagined. I am grateful!
Make it a great day ! Only YOU can!
2 comments:
Love this. A bite will do ya! ;) I had no idea you guys got a dog. I bet the kiddos were over the moon when you brought him/her home.
Good for you! I had a similar dilemma with dancing once we got married. My mother-in-law has discovered Zumba and loves it. I want to check it out because apparently it is dancing as a cardio workout. If your gym offers it, try it out for me! : )
Post a Comment