Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet (Cinnamon) Sundays...

Today was another beautiful Sabbath. I was able to sleep until almost 8am. Lovely! But then upon awaking it was a mad dash to get ready and get five little ones ready for church. I had the help of my trusty eldest children and we ran around hurrying to get things done. Today was fast Sunday.

On the first Sunday of the month we fast. The fast has multiple purposes but one is the pray with purpose for specifics in our life and to come closer to Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ...It gives one the opportunity to put the world (namely food and drink) on the back burner for a day (2 meals) so that one can put other things first. Prayer is an important part of this. I heard this as a kid, and it stuck. Fasting without prayer is just starving. I feel very full actually when I fast with a purpose. My prayers were three fold today...they change from month to month and some months they are very private and I would not choose to share them. But today I feel good about sharing them. 1st was for a family member and the prayers were about a work situation they are trying to solve. 2nd was for a friend that is trying to quit smoking. 3rd was to offer thanks and gratitude to my Father in Heaven. For six months I have been sharing the gospel with a dear friend and her children. They have been joining us at church weekly and she has chosen to be baptized. As I thanked my Father in Heaven for this opportunity tears streamed down my face. I could not help but reflect on the fact that my prayers should be THIS sincere more often. So often they are quick and repetative. I am working on that. But my heart was truly FULL...so full, I did not notice at all that my stomach was TRULY EMPTY. It was a good feeling.

I came home and took a rest...so did the children. The Sabbath is a lovely day of rest. Then when I woke up I made Cinnamon Rolls from scratch. It was my first attempt and they turned out huge and beautiful! I was pleased to say the least. I broken my fast and thanked Heavenly Father once more then I partook of one of those yummy Cinnamon Rolls...Sweet Cinnamon Sunday...Yum!

I hope your Sabbath was Sweet as well!

#253 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...Those who know me KNOW I am not much of a chef or baker...for those rolls to turn out like they did must be at least a little divine intervention! ;)

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!


2 comments:

The Mudmom said...

Mmmmm, I can smell them way over here...pics and a recipe would be very fun :P muaw aw aw

SpencernAmy said...

Wonderful! Wonderfully wonderful! Wish I could be there on Saturday!