Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Monday...so good to me...every other day...


Bada Bada Bada...I love music. It can make all the difference in the world. I grew up on GREAT music, my parents music. I love the Mamas and the Papas, Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, The Supremes, Peter, Paul and Mary, the Carpenters, the Temptations, Elvis and more. I love how music can lift the spirit and elevate us.

I had another NOT so sweet day. I miss my friend and to make it doubly hard this is the week of Leslie my best girlfriend of my youth's birthday too, and the anniversary of her passing was last week. So they have both been intensely on my mind!

When my good husband arrived home he just listened and let me vent about the unimportant. Children, rotten and disrespectful children. Actually they are very good children. And usually they are very respectful. But today was going to be hard no matter what and I should have just expected it when I got out of bed. All day, all I wanted to do was get back in bed. And actually after lunch that is what I did today, I ordered mandatory naps, I crawled under the covers and pretended the day wasn't here.

Finally upon husband's arrival home I shuffled off the cobwebs of the hurt and he said go for a walk. So I loaded one of the children's shuffles with some tunes and off I went. I was gone about 25 minutes and I went 1.6 miles. I ran half of it, something I have never done before EVEN in junior high. But it felt good. I just let the music poor into my heart and it felt so good. I am really tired now, but I feel like tomorrow I can get up and conquer another day, and honestly I think they would want me to.

There was a song on the playlist that touched me, it is sung in parts and so the lyrics I found online broke it down in parts, but it was just what I needed to hear today. I prayed for strength, for me, for my friend's mother, for his FBBF and for all those that loved him dearly, and that he dearly loved. I can only speak for myself, but I found that strength as I ran...and I am thankful that HE answered me.

WILL HE REALLY ANSWER ME

Female Voice:
It doesn't seem to matter how I try
These thoughts just keep returning to my mind

CHORUS:
Will he really answer me
Will he see what my heart needs
Will he have the time for me
Will he really answer me

Male Voice:
He's never broken his promise
He'll be there
He hears each word and each heartfelt
thought in prayer
he's devoted to you
he'll help you know what is true
that's what he's promised
that what he's promised to do

(Female & Male are sung together.)

Female: Will he really answer me
Male: he's never broken his promise

Female: Will he see what my heart needs
Male: he hears each word and heartfelt prayer

Female: Will he have the time for me
Male: He's devoted to you Male: he'll help you know what is true

Female: will he really answer me


***MUSIC PLAYS***

He answered me
(male voice softly: he'll answer you)
He answered me
(male voice softly: he'll answer you)


OoohOooohOooooohOooooooohOoooooooohOoooooooh!

#232 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...He answers me...He answers me!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

The Mudmom said...

HEY! You were supposed to have a good Monday cuz mine was yucky. Darn laws of nature aren't working in our favor...lol

SpencernAmy said...

I love that song!