My sweetie has been in work training for two weeks and it has messed big time with our everyday schedule we are used to. But it paid off today. They have been working hard and had some extra hours put in...but today when he came home a little early I was delighted. He scooped up Darling Child #2 and took him on his "daddy date"...it was way past his turn. They had a great time. My sweetheart's daddy was a light weight golden glove boxing champion. He won something like 110 of 125 fights (that may not be the exact figure, but pretty close.) He and my sweetheart are teaching my #2 to box. This is a little nerve wracking to me...but actually my boy is LOVING it! What little boy wouldn't love time with daddy and grandpa? And I want him to be self confident and strong. I hope that for all my children. But he is the oldest boy and the little ones are very likely to follow his lead. That and he has a sister that he might one day be called on to protect. I am one of those parents that would expect my boys to protect their sister. There is not a one of them that would get in trouble for that! When I was in the 3rd grade someone threatened my little brother and I threatened to slap her face if she ever so much as touched him again. Next morning I got called into the principal's office. But the joke was on her, because when I told him what I said and what she did I think he had trouble holding back a giggle. And he released me asking me not to do that anymore, but with me assuring him that I would always defend my brother.
Anyway, I guess my thought for the day is WE ARE OUR Brother's keeper! And I am so thankful for my brothers and sisters. I love them very much.
#228 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...I am sure this is a repeat, but I am thankful for it often and often see the blessings from it...I am thankful for my family that HE blessed me with, my immediate family here, and the family he blessed me to grow up in...a house that was "Full of Kids and LOVE!"
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
We need more Principle's like that one!! We should definately do Daddy dates in our family, it would mean so much to the kids! Do you do Mommy dates?
Post a Comment