Sunday, May 15, 2011

Out Wit, Out Play, Out Last...

I don't watch much TV these days. I don't even have cable. For the last 9 months I haven't even had my old TV hooked to the digital box. But I confess I have watched many seasons of Survivor over the years. There were a couple recent years that I decided it wasn't worth my time (Plus...it was something the kids and I watched with my parents...and it wasn't the same without my mom here). But this season Boston Rob was playing. It was his forth season trying to win the million. My children and I curled up on the couch after I hooked up the digital box and had a great time watching! I won't tell you who won...don't want to spoil it for anyone that might not have seen it....

But I do want to share this. I sat there with my daughter right next to me. When the final votes were almost ready to be cast the subjects came up by the jury that ALWAYS come up... Loyalty, lies, breaking trust...etc... and my daughter turned to me and said, Mom I could never play survivor. She loves to watch the game. And YES it is a game. But I was grateful that my daughter felt that she would never be comfortable playing a game where she would have to lie or deceive anyone! That makes me so proud of her!

# 240 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...integrity and honesty in the real world...he teaches us to be of our word, and that word and integrity makes all the difference in our real relationships.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

3 comments:

The Mudmom said...

Yah but sometimes it's the ones that don't lie and cheat that everyone roots and cheers for :)

Christine said...

True so true. I have to confess in the game of survivor I feel like you have to go into the game knowing...it is smoke and mirrors, nothing and no one is what it seems. This is like a movie, people are playing parts. I don't think I have a problem with the players that were slick enough to convince people to stick with them to the end. But I couldn't BE that person, so I wouldn't go very far in the game. My face always says everything. I can't even misrepresent without going red. ;) Honestly...Matt was my second choice in Survivor...but he would be my first choice in real life...and he played Survivor like he lives real life...the fact that he got so far in the game is a tribute to his love for God and all things good. ;)

SpencernAmy said...

I was thinking the same thing as Leslie. I could never play it. At the end, I was waiting for Phillip to emerge as a sane, brilliant, actor who had 'played the crazy, anti-social' guy to get to the end. . . . Guess he wasn't playing at it after all. I also thought if Natalie had been smart at all, she would have kept her alliance with Ashley and had a tie vote (she would have at least gotten Ashley's vote and earned some respect from other jury members possibly leading to votes). Matt was a favorite of mine, too.