(* My dad came from a family where my grandma was mentally ill. I reflect on his upbring and what he missed in NOT having the kind of mother I had and I just want to say today, that I LOVE HIM! He did the best he could with what he had. I believe that was her test in life, to deal with mental illness. I am sure one day she will bath her children's feet with her tears as she asks forgiveness and gets the chance to love them as a mother is intended to love her children.)
#247 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...no greater gift could I have in this life than to be a mother and love and raise children. I love each one. My sweet mother had such a capacity to love. Some children came "federal express" and some came "parcel post"...from the love we felt you wouldn't have known the difference. I thank God for her still and frequently.
*If you had the kind of mother I had, CELEBRATE her today! If you didn't, be that kind of mother (even when we do not have our own children, we can find ways to mother...it is a gift from God to have those nurturing tendencies), or for the men out there...be the kind of man who helps elevate a woman to that stature God intended for her.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
**And for a good mother laugh...click here to check out the awesome Calvin and Hobbes comic my friend posted today. I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes....and I love "the Mud Mom!"
2 comments:
This is beautiful, Christine. There's no greater role than a mother - and your words are expressed beautifully. Again, enjoy your day with your children and know you're an incredible mother and friend. Thank you again for your kind words to me, you're a true friend.
Gorgeous tribute to your mom..sniff sniff! We have both been blessed with amazing moms :) How did the butterfly sightings go today?
Post a Comment