Monday, January 24, 2011

Another day in the sweat box...

My friend and I go to the gym. We have not yet figured out how to make this a routine because it seems every couple weeks one of us has a sick or more than one sick child. But we both reported yesterday at church that we appeared to have a green light for this week. So at 5:20 am I got up this morning, got dressed, ate a PB&J, grabbed water, a magazine, towel, keys and phone and picked her up.

I used to hate Hate HATE!!! the gym. But now I actually like it. I used to take my ipod but have learned I enjoy reading a lot more. That is something I don't have much time for. Actually, I read quite often but usually to children from school books.

My new love at the gym is the sauna. My husband does not see the point. He HATES saunas almost as much as I used to hate the gym. But I love it. I burned 150 calories on the treadmill, then off to the sauna for 15 minutes. I sweated like a pig...but I love the feeling of getting junk out of my body. I LOVE SAUNAS. It was hotter than you know where...but I feel so good. I will feel even better after I shower, I just got home.

I am thankful for my gym membership. I am thankful for a healthy body. I am trying this year to lose the excess weight (a little put on with each of 5 children) so that I can feel my best for my children and have more energy. So it might have been just another morning in the sweat box...but any morning I can drag myself to the gym is a GOOD morning.

#342 reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...when I eat right...from all the wonderful things the Lord has provided, I feel good. So simple.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

1 comment:

C Castro said...

Mama C,
The Sauna is my FAVORITE part of my gym time..
Did you know 15 minutes burns 250 calories? It's mostly water, and "junk" but it is a great way to cleanse after a great work out!

You are doing a fabulous job! Keep up the great work! xoxo