Thursday, January 13, 2011

Buyer Beware!!!

As a mother of five and a stay at home mom I am always looking for a deal. I do most of my shopping online and much of it through Amazon.com. I love their site and the offers are usually very affordable. I had trouble with a recent order on copy paper though that led me to realize...BUYER BEWARE! It is that old addage that I KNOW you heard your mother or grandmother say..."If it sounds too good to be true...it PROBABLY is!"

Be savy. Be wise. Be careful.

I have a yahoo email account and this past year they started disposable emails. Maybe they did it before that and I didn't notice until the last year...but regardless I set them up and I love them. I no longer give anyone that is not family or close friends my "real" email address. If I go to a new site to shop and I need to "register" to check out...I stop and set up a disposable email and then procede. If they "sell" my email...like they all promise they never will...I just delete it and learn to avoid that company. Interesting concept and I have learned a little about being savy after starting this practice.

Use your credit card not a debit tied directly to your bank if you can. Credit Card companies help handle fraud better if you need help. (I hope you never do). Use ONLY secure sites. They have the https instead of just http...at the start of them.

Just be careful out there. Online purchasing is not unsafe...you just have to be SMART about it. And stand up for yourself. After Thanksgiving black Friday sale I got a cancellation from Walmart for a certain product. I needed this product for my youngest child. I called and talked to "ONLINE" customer service (different department) and instead of cancelling the order they offered a replacement and sent it out, adjusting the price to match. Stand up for yourself. Most companies, the good ones, the repudable ones, want your business and will work with you!!!

Be frugal, Be careful, BE WISE! Good luck!

#353 Reason I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...There are so many people out there in the world looking out for each other. I think that is a character that God has given us...to be kind to each other and care for each other. BE that kind of person, look out for others!!!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

No comments: