Sunday, January 2, 2011

"You are my hands"...Love, Jesus

YOU ARE MY HANDS click here to hear the beautiful talk regarding the story "You are my hands" about a statue of Christ, broken by the effects of war. And how we, God's children really are instruments in His hands, and Christ (His son's hands) to lift the burdens, lighten the burdens of others.

This is a BRAND NEW YEAR. What will we do with it? Whom will we bless? How will we live? Whom will we lift? There are down trodden, hurt, tired, weary, and poor. I am not trying to judge here...but I often wonder...if we have not lifted and served, how do we think we will look God in the eyes when we face Him one day? He wants us, he wants our hearts, our hands, our love for humanity, for all his other sons and daughters. We are His children and that makes us all brothers and sisters.

President Spencer W. Kimball said,
"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom."

Think today? Think, what can I do to reflect my love and the blessings I have received. Pay it forward so to speak. It might be something small like a phone call, a note you have been prompted to write for awhile, a letter to a relative, or missionary. It might be reading to a child or holding the hand of a friend. THINK..and then DO! You will find that the more you give, the more full your cup will be, until it runneth ore flowing. It is the miracle of service, the giver also receives. May you live to give this year, of yourself, your time, your talents, your heart, your love...GIVE!

#364 reason I see the hand of the Father in my life. When my mother was dying they came out of the wood work. There were people from my congregation, friends from her work, family, friends from my mother's congregation...and the question was always the same, "We love you, we are sorry, WHAT CAN WE DO?" They loved my children, held me, helped plan her funeral when the time came, located music for it, brought loads of food." Where do I see God...I see Him everywhere there is goodness. I saw him daily in the faces of these children of His that lifted my burdens. To each of them I extend another heart felt THANK YOU...without their hands I could not have gotten through.

Make it a great day! ONLY YOU CAN!

No comments: