Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweet Sundays...

Hellooooo out there...
Sometimes writing this blog is like standing close to a cliff and screaming "helloooo" and waiting for an echo, a response. But as I have been doing this for months now I have grown to appreciate that even if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears but God...it is still significant, it is still of value. So I continue and as I write I learn so much about myself, my heart, my character...it is like a journey in teaching me who I really am...I am enjoying the journey.

Today was a beautiful sabbath. I think that sometimes church goers (I will mass myself in that bundle) often hesitate to share what our sabbath is like. If someone asks "How was your weekend"...more often than not, we might build up a great Saturday, skip our hours of worship service and give the details of a fabulous Sunday dinner. If you are not a church goer...I still enjoy hearing of your sabbath day...of dinners, and family events, and hugs from children...etc. So I am going to hesitate less to share my Sweet Sundays. Today was a rough morning...scrambling to get everyone ready for Sunday services which start at 9am this year. We rotate hours every year with another congregation that meets in the same building. I love the early time...I have the whole rest of the day with my family...but it is a stretch to get myself and five children going in the right direction. Miraculously we were ON TIME! That is always a bonus for me.

In the meeting today the power of prayer was addressed and the messages touched me. Life is not easy and sometimes our prayers seem to us..."unanswered" but I believe that God does not always share our time frame and I know from many choice experiences that we are NOT forgotten. I have a friend that was touched deeply today. I have prayed for this friend for seven years...and today...I saw the hand of the Lord touch his life. I got to be a small part of that. If you go back aways you will see a quote in one of my former blogs that stated how WE are often the way that Heavenly Father blesses his children...he uses us as instruments in his hands to bless each other. I continue to pray for my friend and I know the Lord is hearing me. It was harder to believe that when there was NO change for so long...but as I see it unfolding I want to say to myself "OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH"...My faith is growing every day.

#350 Reason I see the Hand of Heavenly Father in my life...BECAUSE my faith is growing every day.

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

CraftyBox said...

Don't worry, I hear you, lol, and I'm sure I'm not alone :D

SpencernAmy said...

Slowly step away from the cliff!!! That's what my echo will say every time you get near that dangerous cliff!!! That, and . . . have I told you that I love you?
: )