A job worth doing is a job worth doing well. She also said an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. I am grateful I was raised by parents who taught us the importance and value of work.
My husband is a workaholic...and I don't just mean at his job. That is why he was up at 6 am on a Saturday to get his 5 mile run done so that we could WORK...you know, Wash the Cars...Clean the House...Whatever...Just as long as we are being productive. I like my Saturday sleep in time, but I must confess that when we started cleaning out the cars I rather enjoyed detailing the van. The last time it was this clean was when we purchased it. I took out all the mats and scrubbed and rinsed them, cleaned under all the seats and in all the gross cup holders. I think now I will have assigned seats in the van, NO FOOD and a clean van for maybe a Whole Week :)
I must say I found joy in doing the job well. I found joy in a very clean, very nice looking van. I found joy this week also in mowing the lawn so that my sweet heart would not have to do it after a long 10 hour shift. The boys and I had a good time moving, edging, weed wacking and sweeping. I didn't do it with the same precision as Darling Husband...but my asthmatic husband wasn't having a reaction that night either from moving.
It has been a good week. Work is not a necessary evil...we can actually find joy in it if we do the job WELL. Thanks mom! I am grateful for a mother that sang while she worked.
#351 Reason I see the Hand of Heavenly Father in my life...When I work hard and give my best I feel good...I know that feeling comes from a loving Heavenly Father that wants me to strive to be my very best.
Make it a great day! Only YOU can!
1 comment:
Spencer's dad likes the phrase, "A job not worth doing well, is a job not worth doing." I like your mom's version better.
Post a Comment