Saturday, January 29, 2011

He loves me...He loves me not...

I do not assume all my readers are female...I know my dad reads sometimes...
but if you are female...did you ever sit and pluck the pedals from a flower...
He loves me, He loves me not, He loves me...etc.?

When I was dating my sweetheart on our first "official date" he brought me a long stemmed gerbera daisy. He didn't know me well enough to know at that point that they were my favorite flower. But since they were it naturally touched me more deeply than a single rose would have. As time passed and our relationship grew he said...I will always bring you flowers as long as you don't "expect it". I didn't really understand what he meant...but as the years have past and I haven't "expected it", I have received many many flowers. Honestly too many boquets to count or name. I have received Irises, Roses, Gerberas, regular Daisies, Mums, Lilies, Tulips, Carnations, and my favorite now...Stock...because they were my mommy's favorite and they remind me of her. All these flowers are wonderful and there is something feminine and girlie about getting flowers. But the thing I love the most is what they represent...a man that truly loves me and I appreciate that so much. Much better than flowers are the holidays that many of them are attached to...Birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Anniversaries, and Valentine's Day...The flowers on those days come with the most thoughtful cards with a love letter written inside. He usually makes me cry. But the good, oh my, my life is so good, how did I get so blessed tears.

I am grateful to still be in love after 12 years of marriage. Some days we lay in bed and say...WOW...that was the LONGEST 12 years...others we ask each other where the time went. We don't have a perfect marriage. There are days that we would rather eat mud than be in the same room together...so don't get the notion that everything on my corner is ROSES ;) But man I LOVE THIS MAN!

#337 Reason why I see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life...he created the perfect match for me...only God could have done that. Thank you Heavenly Father...he acts like a 12 year old, he is silly, he is crazy, he is funny...he is perfect for me!

Make it a great day! Only YOU can!

2 comments:

C Castro said...

flowers...do the soul good!

CraftyBox said...

I like that your marriage isn't perfect! The way I look at my own, and therefore yours, is that if it was perfect, it would be boring and there'd be nothing to work at. Not perfect means that we have passionate arguments, but always make up. We are not perfect as individuals, so why would our most important relationships be perfect?

*hugs* and love to you!!